How to install Beaker
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install beaker
Beaker is a web session and general caching library that includes WSGI middleware for use in web applications.
As a general caching library, Beaker can handle storing for various times any Python object that can be pickled with optional back-ends on a fine-grained basis.
Beaker was built largely on the code from MyghtyUtils, then refactored and extended with database support.
Beaker includes Cache and Session WSGI middleware to ease integration with WSGI capable frameworks, and is automatically used by Pylons.
- Fast, robust performance
- Multiple reader/single writer lock system to avoid duplicate simultaneous cache creation
- Cache back-ends include dbm, file, memory, memcached, and database (Using SQLAlchemy for multiple-db vendor support)
- Signed cookie's to prevent session hijacking/spoofing
- Cookie-only sessions to remove the need for a db or file backend (ideal for clustered systems)
- Extensible Container object to support new back-ends
- Cache's can be divided into namespaces (to represent templates, objects, etc.) then keyed for different copies
- Create functions for automatic call-backs to create new cache copies after expiration
- Fine-grained toggling of back-ends, keys, and expiration per Cache object
Documentation can be found on the Official Beaker Docs site.
The latest developer version is available in a github repository.