How to install zope.app.generations
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install zope.app.generations
Generations are a way of updating objects in the database when the application schema changes. An application schema is essentially the structure of data, the structure of classes in the case of ZODB or the table descriptions in the case of a relational database.
This package only contains the ZMI user interface for zope.generations
- Replaced an undeclared test dependency on zope.app.authentication with zope.password.
- Depends now on the extracted zope.generations.
- zope.app.generations depended on zope.app.applicationcontrol but did not declare it. Modernized dependecy to zope.applicationcontrol as the needed interface has been moved there.
- Using python's doctest module instead of deprecated zope.testing.doctest[unit].
- Replaced a testing dependency on zope.app.securitypolicy with one on zope.securitypolicy.
- Depend on new zope.processlifetime interfaces instead of using BBB imports from zope.app.appsetup.
- Fix ftesting.zcml due to zope.securitypolicy update.
- Fix tests using a newer zope.publisher that requires zope.login.
- Moved getRootFolder utility method from zope.app.zopeappgenerations to zope.app.generations.utility.
- Removed not necessary install dependency on zope.app.testing.
- Provide more logging output for the various stages and actions of evolving a database.
- Fixed bug: A failing last generation would allow starting an app server without having evolved to the minimum generation.
- Substitute zope.app.zapi by direct calls to its wrapped apis. See bug 219302.
- Corrected author email and home page address.
- Resolve ZopeSecurityPolicy deprecation warning.
- Initial release independent of the main Zope tree.