How to install Products.CMFCore
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install products.cmfcore
- Products.CMFCore Changelog
- 2.3.0-beta2 (2012-03-31)
- 2.3.0-beta (2012-03-21)
- 2.2.0-beta (2009-12-06)
- 2.2.0-alpha (2009-11-13)
- 2.1.2 (2008-09-13)
- 2.1.2-beta (2008-08-26)
- 2.1.1 (2008-01-06)
- 2.1.1-beta (2007-12/29)
- 2.1.0 (2007-08-08)
- 2.1.0-beta2 (2007-07-12)
- 2.1.0-beta (2007-03-09)
- 2.1.0-alpha2 (2006-11-23)
- 2.1.0-alpha (2006-10-09)
- Earlier releases
This product declares the key framework services for the Zope Content Management Framework (CMF).
- added fixes for migrating CMF 2.2 sites.
- DynamicType: Modified 'icon' method. The specified icon might be registered for a ZTK layer that is not available in the ZMI. If the icon can't be found, an empty string is returned.
- exportimport.tests.test_mailhost: Accomodate 'smtp_queue' and 'smtp_queue_directory' exports (newly added in GenericSetup).
- tools: Converted all tools into local utilities.
- MemberDataTool: Changed property modes to 'w' and added 'fullname' property.
- setup handlers: Improved content type registry handler. The 'insert-before' and 'insert-after' directives are now supported.
- Optimize SkinnableObjectManager.__getattr__ to short circuit view (@) and traverser (+) lookup in addition to _ and aq_.
- Avoid a shallow dependency on Products.ZReST.
- Fixed types tool test to only test creation for type infos.
- utils: Fixed '_OldCacheHeaders' and '_FSCacheHeaders' methods. DateTimeErrors caused by invalid HTTP headers were not caught.
- setup handlers: Added export/import support for member data tool settings.
- MemberDataTool: Fixed tool initialization. The default boolean and date property values were not set correctly.
- MemberDataTool: Modified 'setProperties' method. It now can be used by user managers as well.
- MembershipTool: Added 'isMemberAccessAllowed' method. If you don't have the 'Manage users' permission for the membership tool, you shouldn't have write access to other members.
- MemberDataTool: Removed obsolete MemberData factory lookup. This feature was added in CMF 2.2, but now the MemberAdapter should be overridden instead.
- MemberDataTool: Split up MemberData class. The old MemberData API is now provided by the new MemberAdapter. The persistent MemberData objects are just used for storing member data.
- interfaces: Added 'IMember' interface.
- permissions: Marked 'setDefaultRoles' as deprecated.
- Require at least Zope 2.13.4.
- DirectoryView: Added 'bobobase_modification_time' method to FSObject. The "Contents" tab in the ZMI now shows useful 'Last Modified' values.
- DirectoryView: Changed debug mode behavior. No additional subdirs are registered in debug mode. If you add new subdirs, you have to restart your instance. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/271027)
- DirectoryView: Improved debug mode speed on NTFS partitions. The much faster non-Windows implementation is now used on Windows as well if non-FAT32 time stamps are detected. In rare cases that heuristic approach might fail to detected NTFS partitions.
- DirectoryView: Modernized debug mode lookup. Now getConfiguration().debug_mode is used instead of Globals.DevelopmentMode.
- Fix content exportimport when Title or Description are unicode (merge from 2.2 branch).
- tests base: Tightened security for anonymous test user.
- Load permissions.zcml from Products.Five in the test to fix tests with Zope 2.12.
- notifyWorkflowCreated only to IWorkflowAware, possibly following adaption on IObjectAddedEvent.
- Adapterize workflow storage lookups.
- utils: Added FakeExecutableObject. It can be used to set proxy roles in trusted code.
- tests base: Removed obsolete test utils.
- testing: Removed broken run function. Unit test modules are no longer directly executable.
- DateTime 2.12.5 does away with a special case representing DateTime values for midnight (00:00:00) without their time and time zone values. So DateTimes formerly rendered as 2010/01/01 in the UTC timezone now render as 2010/01/01 00:00:00 UTC. Several unit tests that relied on the old-style representation had to be fixed.
- Get most tests working under Zope 2.13.0a2.
- Added dependency on the new Products.ZSQLMethods distribution and updated Zope2 requirement accordingly.
- CookieCrumbler: Removed redirect support. The Unauthorized handling and redirects are now part of CMFDefault.
- Use the standard libraries doctest module.
- Updated setDefaultRoles to use the addPermission API if available.
- Added a permissions.zcml file defining our own permissions. This was formerly done in Zope 2's Products.Five.
- Actions and TypeInformation: Clear the compiled NNN_expr_object property when the NNN_expr property is cleared.
- Changed GenericSetup import handlers to fail silently if they are called in a context that does not contain the items they import.
- Removed zope.app.testing dependency.
- Import BeforeTraverseEvent from new location if available.
- Skinnable and MembershipTool: Removed support for missing REQUEST argument. 'changeSkin', 'setupCurrentSkin' and 'credentialsChanged' will no longer try to acquire the request if it is not passed in explicitly.
- Tools and PortalFolder: Removed support for deprecated marker attributes. '_isDirectoryView', '_isPortalRoot', '_isTypeInformation' and '_isAWorkflow' are no longer supported.
- utils: Removed deprecated functions. 'getToolByInterfaceName', 'initializeBasesPhase1', 'initializeBasesPhase2', 'expandpath' and 'minimalpath' are no longer available.
- DirectoryView: Removed support for deprecated old API.
- TypesTool: Made it an ordered container. This allows to control the order of the add actions.
- TypeInformation: Removed redundant 'content_icon' property. For backwards compatibility old settings containing 'content_icon' instead of 'icon_expr' are converted on import. CMFDefault provides the necessary upgrade steps for migrating existing sites.
- DynamicType: Added 'getIconURL' method. This replaces the now deprecated 'getIcon' method.
- TypeInformation: Added 'getIconExprObject' method. This replaces the now deprecated 'getIcon' method.
Got rid of redundant icon related type info properties. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/397795)
PortalFolder: Ensure that pasting an object into a folder takes workflow instance creation conditions into account. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/308947)
Made calls to reindexObjectSecurity in the membership tool conditional after the CMFCatalogAware refactoring.
PortalFolder: Removed unused ICatalogAware and IWorkflowAware methods.
CMFCatalogAware: Split up CMFCatalogAware mixin. CatalogAware, WorkflowAware and OpaqueItemManager are now separate mixins.
Changed testing.py to directly load zope.traversing's ZCML instead of going via the Five traversing.zcml BBB shim.
moved the Zope dependency to version 2.12.0b3dev
PortalFolder: Modified allowedContentTypes method to check isConstructionAllowed only for allowed types, not for all content types.
Fixed typo in the acquisition wrapping of the found utility in getToolByName.
Actions: Add a link_target attribute to store a value for the final rendered link tag's "target" attribute (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/376951)
MemberData tool: Make it easier to override the default MemberData implementation by trying to look up a named factory utility named "MemberData" before falling back on the default MemberData class. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/377208)
FSPageTemplate: Change the charset/encoding detection to consider charset specifications in the content type, and replace the hardcoded Latin-15 fallback with the mechanism used by the Products.PageTemplate code, which can be influenced by setting the environment variable "ZPT_PREFERRED_ENCODING" (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/322263)
Expose the ZMI manage view of the "_components" object manager as a new "Components Folder" tab in the ZMI.
ActionsTool: The "Action Providers" tab in the ZMI did not render actions from the WorkflowTool correctly since those are not 'new-style' actions. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/322300)
FSPageTemplate: Prevent reading the underlying file without doing anything with the data in some cases.
FSObject: Ensure that ZCache invalidations only happens if the filesystem modification time differs from the internally stored previous modification time. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/325246)
TypeInformation: DCWorkflow instances define a method and a guard for vetoing object creation, but it was never used. Now TypeInformation objects will consult these guard conditions during object creation. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/308947)
PortalCatalog: Changed to use a multi-adaptor to allow a pluggable IndexableObjectWrapper class. Objects that implement IIndexableObject are not wrapped. The change will assist in integrating with other indexing strategies from third-party packages.
Events: Changed 'handleContentishEvent' behavior for IObjectCopiedEvent. 'WorkflowTool.notifyCreated' no longer resets the workflow state, so the the event subscriber clears the workflow history instead.
WorkflowTool: 'notifyCreated' no longer overrides assigned workflow states.
No longer catch a NotImplemented string exception in the MembershipTool in deleteMembers.
Cleaned up / normalized imports:
o Don't import from Globals; instead, use real locations.
- o Make other imports use the actual source module, rather than an
intermediate (e.g., prefer importing 'ClassSecurityInfo' from 'AccessControl.SecurityInfo' rather than from 'AccessControl').
o Avoid relative imports, which will break in later versions of Python.
Added icon_expr as a new property to type information. This allows you to specify the content_icon as an expression and store it. This avoids creating the expression on the fly at rendering time.
Removed superGetAttr fallback from SkinnableObjectManager. None of its base classes have a __getattr__ method anymore.
PortalObject: Removed backwards compatibility code in getSiteManager. Please use CMFDefault's upgrade steps for upgrading old CMF sites.
Fixed compatibility with non-string exceptions on Zope trunk.
Added remove support to GenericSetup types tool exportimport handler.
FiveActionsTool: Removed the tool and all functionality for bridging between Zope 3-style menu items and CMF actions. The CMF has been going a different route for a long time and the code is unused and unmaintained.
Actions: Added deprecation warnings to the ZMI actions tab and most listActions methods where old-style actions are found asking developers to move to new-style actions instead. These warnings allow us to remove old-style actions code by version 2.4.
Discussion tool: Removed the listActions method that would return a hardcoded Reply action. This action has been handled by the Actions tool itself for a while now, and the Discussions tool was not set as an action provider anymore.
actions tool export/import: The actions tool export/import mechanism is no longer attempting to handle actions stored on tools other than itself. Other tools are themselves responsible for their actions. The importer has been fixed to add all action providers to the actions tool, not just a select list of providers we know about. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/177675)
tool interfaces: Replace non-existing IMember interface with the correct IMemberData.
CatalogTool: If proxy roles are set on a script that uses the catalog and those proxy roles have been unset using the ZMI, which results in an empty tuple as proxy roles, then the catalog would not correctly determine what the current user is allowed to see. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/161729)
Properties export/import: Get the string encoding for property imports from the import context and fall back to UTF-8, which mirrors the behavior for exports. This fixes property export/import round tripping. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/248853)
traversal: Added ++add++ namespace for add views.
Skinstool import: Fix imports that manipulate existing skins. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/161732)
ActionInformation: extend the ActionInformation and ActionInfo classes to support a icon URL just like the newer Action class already does
WorkflowTool: Passing the "magic" chain name "(Default)" to the setChainForPortalTypes method did not set the chain to the default chain value as expected. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/161702)
ZMI: Prevent users from creating content through the ZMI by hiding the entry for "CMFCore Content".
utils: Add a new optional argument to ContentInit that allows hiding a content item's ZMI add list entry. The default is to leave the item visible, which reflects the previous behavior.
FSMetadata: Remove handling of .security and .properties metadata files which was supposed to have been removed in CMF 2.0 already.
SkinsTool: Added the ability to do a diff comparison between items found using the portal_skins "Find" ZMI tab. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/238489)
TypeInformation and TypesTool: Added support for add view actions. Type infos now have a new 'add_view_expr' property and implement IAction. 'listActions' of the types tool includes type infos as 'add' actions.
interfaces: Fixed some docstrings. There is no IActionInformation. ActionInformation is an old action class that implements IAction, non-persistent IActionInfo objects adapt action objects to a given context.
FSSTXMethod: Fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility. zope.structuredtext is now used instead of StructuredText.
removed the five.localsitemanager svn:external and its import hack in favor of stating the dependency for separate installation in DEPENDENCIES.txt and automatic installation in setup.py.
TypesTool: Refactored content creation. Moved addCreator call to IObjectCreatedEvent handler and moved notifyWorkflowCreated and indexObject calls to IObjectAddedEvent handler. Please make sure all oldstyle content factory methods use _setObject with suppress_events=True. CMF factory methods don't finish object creation, so they should not send the IObjectAddedEvent.
interfaces: Added new interfaces for CMFCatalogAware methods. In the long run ICatalogAware, IWorkflowAware and IOpaqueItemManager will become deprecated. Don't expect that CMF content always implements them.
setup handlers: All import and export steps are now registered globally.
MembershipTool: Removed ancient LoginManager compatibility code and deprecated the no longer needed __getPUS method.
interfaces: Removed deprecated oldstyle interfaces.
- fiveactionstool: fix typo in a method name that isn't even used in the CMF or Plone. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/257259)
- completed devolution from monolithic CMF package into its component products that are distributed as eggs from PyPI.
- exportimport.content: Add simple guard against import failures when the ".objects" file contains empty lines. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/176328)
- Testing: Derive test layers from ZopeLite layer if available.
- Updated to the 0.3 release of five.localsitemanager.
- Events: Fixed some handleContentishEvent issues. Moved _clearLocalRolesAfterClone code to separate handler that is triggered before indexing and also for folders. Made sure notifyModified is not called if objects are just moved.
- PortalObject: Added setSite to getSiteManager for old instances. This fixes migrations from Plone 2.1 to 3.0.
- FSImage: Supply class-level defaults for 'alt', 'height', and 'width', to avoid acquiring objects with the same names. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/507)
- Testing: Derive test layers from ZopeLite layer if available.
- PortalObject: Fixed a bug in the site manager creation code, which would assign the __parent__ pointer to the Aq-wrapper and not the actual object.
- Fixed all componentregistry.xml files to use plain object paths and strip and slashes. GenericSetup does only support registering objects which are in the site root.
- PortalFolder: Enabled 'Components' ZMI tab. This GenericSetup tab allows to inspect and edit component registrations.
- First egg release. For changes up through this release, please see the overall "CMF changelog", http://svn.zope.org/CMF/tags/2.1.0/CHANGES.txt?rev=78713&view=markup
- moved the Zope dependency to version 2.10.4
- Remove antique usage of marker attributes in favor of interfaces, leaving BBB behind for places potentially affecting third-party code. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/440)
- Add POST-only protections to security critical methods. http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-0240)
- exportimport.skins: Added the ability to remove whole skin selections using a GS profile. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/479)
- UndoTool: Fixed 'listUndoableTransactionsFor'. The required 'object' argument is now respected. This doesn't change the behavior as long as 'object' is the site root object.
- TypesTool: Corrected method signature of all_meta_types to have an interface keyword argument, as per the underlying OFS.ObjectManager interface declaration.
- SkinnableObjectManager: Changed the way skins are set up. Acquisition wrapping no longer triggers 'setupCurrentSkin'. This is now done on publishing traversal after the BeforeTraverseEvent triggers 'setSite'. This fix replaces a temporary hack introduced in 2.1.0-beta, making sure ISkinsTool is looked up after setting the site.
- CMFBTreeFolder: CMFBTreeFolders could not be used as the toplevel /Members container. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/441)
- TypesTool: Pass 'object' through to TypeInformation objects' 'listActions'. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/482)
- Removed extraneous "Cache" tab from FS-based skin objects. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/343)
- WorkflowTool: Using the '(Default)' keyword for a type's workflow chain will now reset any custom workflow chains for the type. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/475)
- SkinsTool: Use the property API to get the member specific skin, because direct attribute access won't work with PAS based membership. (http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/5904)
- Allow customization from DirectoryViews to be redirected into alternate folders, and use manually-built clones. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/382)
- moved the Zope dependency to verson 2.10.2
- Tool lookup and registration is now done "the Zope 3 way" as utilities, see http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/2.1/docs/ToolsAreUtilities.stx?view=auto
- DirectoryView: Added 'registerDirectory' ZCML directive. Using the old registerDirectory method in __init__.py is now deprecated. See zcml.IRegisterDirectoryDirective for details.
- DirectoryView: Added support for non-product packages. This introduces new registry keys. Old registry keys stored in persistent DirectoryView objects are updated on the fly. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/467)
- setup handlers: Improved properties handler. It now works with properties using a default_charset other than UTF-8.
- MembershipTool: Fixed inconsistent behavior where member lookup would take all user folders up to the Zope root into account whereas member area creation would not.
- MembershipTool: when using an object without a __nonzero__ but with a __len__ (ala CMFBTreeFolder) as a member folder, the createMemberArea method would believe there was no members folder if the folder was empty, and so would fail (change "not membersfolder" to "membersfolder is not None") .
- DynamicType: Fixed behaviour regarding default view. DynamicType was making it impossible to use a Zope3-style default view for CMF content types. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/459)
- utils: Marked 'minimalpath' and 'expandpath' as deprecated.
- Merged patches from Martin Aspeli to enable generating events before and after DCWorkflow transitions, and in the 'notify' methods of the workflow tool (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/461).
- moved the Zope dependency to version 2.10.1
- Fixed test breakage induced by use of Z3 pagetemplates in Zope 2.10+.
- browser views: Added some zope.formlib based forms.
- testing: Added test layers for setting up ZCML.
- WorkflowTool: Added the IConfigurableWorkflowTool interface. This change includes the new 'getDefaultChain' and 'listChainOverrides' methods and an improved 'setChainForPortalTypes' method. The import handler now supports the 'remove' attribute for removing overrides. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/457)
- CachingPolicyManager: Implemented the old OFS.Cache.CacheManager API. Now objects other than CMF content or CMF templates can have their caching headers set by the caching policy manager with the same fine-grained control. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/408)
- Added CMFCore.FSRestMethod: ReST equivalent of FSSTXMethod.
- FSSTXMethod: Modernized, added tests, made customization possible (now renders via ZPT by default, using 'main_template').
- CachingPolicyManager: Prevent firing of caching policies for templates (DTML or ZPT) that are rendered in-line (without a separate request) while rendering the requested content item's view. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/456)
- skins: Changed encoding of translated portal_status_messages. Now getBrowserCharset is used to play nice with Five forms. Customized setRedirect and getMainGlobals scripts have to be updated.
- Profiles: All profiles are now registered by ZCML.
- ZClasses: Removed unmaintained support for ZClasses. Marked the 'initializeBases*' methods as deprecated.
- Content: Added IFactory utilities for all content classes. They are now used by default instead of the old constructor methods.
- Content: All content classes are now registered by ZCML. ContentInit is still used to register oldstyle constructors.
- setup handlers: Removed support for CMF 1.5 CMFSetup profiles.
- FactoryTypeInformation: Added support for Zope3 style factories. If the 'product' property of a type info instance is empty the 'factory' property is interpreted as an IFactory name.
- ActionInformation: don't use a fixed set of properties for ActionInformation. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/232/)
- CatalogTool: Use current executable's proxy roles, if any, in place of user's roles when computing 'allowedRolesAndUsers' for a query. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/380)
- FSFile: Added registration for 'txt' extension.
- CMFCatalogAware: Added 'handleObjectEvent' subscriber. This replaces the deprecated 'manage_afterAdd', 'manage_afterClone' and 'manage_beforeDelete' hooks.
For a complete list of changes before version 2.1.0-alpha, see the HISTORY.txt file on the CMF-2.1 branch: http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/2.1/HISTORY.txt?view=auto