How to install collective.mediaelementjs
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install collective.mediaelementjs
An integration of the MediaElementJS audio and video player for Plone.
Large portions of this package have been blatantly copied from the collective.flowplayer product by Martin Aspeli.
What it does
Once installed, supported media files uploaded to the Plone site will automatically use a view that renders them with the MediaElementJS player.
MediaElementJS uses <video> and <audio> tags on modern browsers. If the browser doesn't support HTML5 media element tags, or can not render the media natively, a Flash players that mimics the MediaElement API is used. See the MediaElementJS browser and device support chart for details.
The recognized formats at the moment are:
- MP3, Ogg, MPEG-4, WAV, Windows Media Audio, WebM
- MPEG-4, Ogg, WebM, Flash Video, Windows Media Video, MPEG and QuickTime (.mov and .qt)
Follow the quick instructions in the Plone knowledge base.
0.4.1 - 2013-07-18
- Remove artifact from MEjs repository [afrepues]
- Depend on Plone-provided jQuery [afrepues]
- Match headings in the history with latest released version [afrepues]
0.4 - 2013-07-17
- Upgrade mediaelementjs library to 2.12.0 [mgogoulos]
- Refactor(view): add getContentType on view and not on context to make it easier to customize with dexterity [toutpt]
0.3 - 2013-05-15
- List all directly used packages as dependencies in setup.py [afrepues]
- Remove jquery from browser resource [toutpt]
- Update mediaelement to 2.11.2 [toutpt]
- Use link to display CSS stylesheet as it is the default in Plone4 [toutpt]
- Add audio support [toutpt]
- Move audio and video init in ++resource++collective.mediaelement.js to support for all audio/video tags in the page. [toutpt]
0.2 - 2013-02-22
- Include the whole range of video formats supported by MEJS.
- Get initial size of Flash player from video metadata.
- Rewrite relative URLs in stylesheet when it is merged.
- Ignore file for git.
- Make sure all the needed files are packaged by distutils.
0.1.5 - 2012-06-28
- upgraded mediaelement library to 2.9.1
0.1.4 - 2012-04-04
- upgraded mediaelement library to 2.7.0
0.1.3 - 2011-12-08
- Upgraded mediaelement library from 2.3.2 to 2.4.2
0.1.2 - 2011-11-26
- Upgraded mediaelement library from 2.1.9 to 2.3.2
0.1.1 - 2011-08-19
- Bugfix: remove (cargo-culted) resourceDirectory directives to non-existent directories that prevented startup of Zope (thanks to Kamon Ayeva for reporting this issue)
0.1 - 2011-08-19
- basic working version