| Store | Cart

Python style guidelines

From: Michael Hudson <m...@python.net>
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:41:12 GMT
beliavsky at aol.com writes:

> Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.252.1078956580.19534.python-list at python.org>...> > beliavsky> Is there a more recent set of Python style guidelines than> >     beliavsky> PEP 8, "Style Guide for Python Code", by van Rossum and> >     beliavsky> Warsaw, at http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html , which> >     beliavsky> is dated July 5, 2001?> > > > Is there something missing you think should be there?  There's no particular> > reason a PEP needs to be continually updated.  In particular, notions of> > good Python style haven't changed a lot over the past ten years.> > > > Skip> > I am not qualified to say what should be in Python style guidelines. I> have now read the PEP 8 style guidelines and see that Python versions> up to 2.3 are covered. I think the Post-History date of July 5, 2001> is incorrect and should be updated.

How so?  It hasn't been posted to comp.lang.python since then, and
that's what the Post-History: records.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  If I had wanted your website to make noise I would have licked
  my finger and rubbed it across the monitor.

Recent Messages in this Thread
beli...@aol.com Mar 10, 2004 07:12 pm
Skip Montanaro Mar 10, 2004 10:09 pm
Will Berry Mar 11, 2004 10:39 pm
Richie Hindle Mar 12, 2004 09:36 am
Jorgen Grahn Mar 12, 2004 07:29 pm
MetalOne Mar 13, 2004 07:08 am
Heather Coppersmith Mar 13, 2004 01:22 pm
MetalOne Mar 13, 2004 09:28 pm
Andy Salnikov Mar 15, 2004 09:34 pm
wmwd...@sneakemail.com ) (Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) Mar 15, 2004 12:39 am
Josef Meile Mar 11, 2004 09:48 am
Peter Otten Mar 11, 2004 11:18 am
Heather Coppersmith Mar 11, 2004 11:34 am
Josef Meile Mar 11, 2004 03:39 pm
Peter Hansen Mar 11, 2004 03:41 pm
Donn Cave Mar 11, 2004 04:49 pm
John Roth Mar 11, 2004 05:16 pm