| Store | Cart

RE: Perl PATHEXT

From: Andrew Bastien <ABas...@teleworx.com>
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:30:34 -0400
The PATHEXT variable only works in NT, so if you're using a 9x incarnation of Windows you're out of luck.  You should set the value of the variable by using the system applet in the control panel, as NT doesn't always care what you put in autoexec.bat, and any values in autoexec.bat can be overridden in the registry.  Note that all of this is still irrelevant if .plx files are associated with PerlIS.dll, which leads to the next point...

I think what he means with PerlIS.dll stuff is that you can't run that DLL (or any DLL, for that matter) from a prompt, and if you change the association of .plx files so that they are handled by perl.exe you might break your IIS perl configuration.