How to install zope.tal
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install zope.tal
The Zope3 Template Attribute Languate (TAL) specifies the custom namespace and attributes which are used by the Zope Page Templates renderer to inject dynamic markup into a page. It also includes the Macro Expansion for TAL (METAL) macro language used in page assembly.
The dynamic values themselves are specified using a companion language, TALES (see the zope.tales package for more).
- Replaced deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
- Dropped support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Experimental Python 3.3 and PyPy support (all tests pass, but test coverage is not complete).
- Avoid handling end tags within <script> tags in the HTML parser. This works around http://bugs.python.org/issue670664
- Fixed documentation link in README.txt.
- Updated talinterpreter.FasterStringIO to faster list-based implementation.
- Increase the default value of the wrap argument from 60 to 1023 characters, to avoid extra whitespace and line breaks.
- Fix printing of error messages for msgid conflict with non-ASCII texts.
- In talgettext.POEngine.translate, print a warning if a msgid already exists in the domain with a different default.
- Updated tests of "bad" entities for compatibility with the stricter HTMLParser module shipped with Python 2.6.x.
- Removed artificial addition of a trailing newline if the output doesn't end in one; this allows the template source to be the full specification of what should be included. (See https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/218706.)
- Removed unnecessary dummyengine dependency on zope.i18n to simplify distribution. The dummyengine.DummyTranslationDomain class no longer implements zope.i18n.interfaces.ITranslationDomain as a result. Installing zope.tal with easy_install or buildout no longer pulls in many unrelated distributions.
- Support ability to run tests using "setup.py test".
- Stop pinning (no longer required) zope.traversing and zope.app.publisher versions in buildout.cfg.
- Updated package meta-data.
- Updated dependency for zope.i18n that requires the correct version of zope.security to avoid a hidden dependency issue in zope.security.
Note: The code changes before 3.4.0b1 where not tracked as an individual package and have been documented in the Zope 3 changelog.