How to install zope.app.ftp
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install zope.app.ftp
This package provides an API for clients connecting via FTP.
How FTP Works in Zope
- The FTP server implementation is in zope.server.ftp.server. See
the README.txt file there.
The publisher-based ftp server is in zope.server.ftp.publisher.
The FTP server gets wired up with a request factory that creates ftp requests with ftp publication objects.
- The ftp request object is defined in zope.publisher.ftp.
- The ftp publication object is defined in zope.app.publication.ftp.
The publication object gets views to handle ftp requests. It looks up a separate view for each method defined in zope.publisher.interfaces.ftp.IFTPPublisher.
We provide a single class here that implements all of these methods.
The view, in turn, uses adapters for the IReadFile, IWriteFile, IReadDirectory, IWriteDirectory, IFileFactory, and IDirectoryFactory, defined in zope.filerepresentation.interfaces.
- Use zope.container instead of zope.app.container.
- Initial release independent of the main Zope tree.