How to install zope.app.exception
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install zope.app.exception
This packages provides Zope 3 browser views for some generic exceptions.
System Errors are errors representing a system failure. At the application level, they are errors that are uncaught by the application and that a developer hasn't provided a custom error view for.
Zope provides a default system error view that prints an obnoxius terse message and that sets the response status.
There is a simple view registered in ftesting.zcml which raises Exception():
>>> print http(r""" ... GET /error.html HTTP/1.1 ... """) HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error ... A system error occurred. ...
Another way of getting a system error is the occurrence of a system error, such as ComponentLookupError. I have registered a simple view in ftesting.zcml, too, that will raise a component lookup error. So if we call componentlookuperror.html, we should get the error message:
>>> print http(r""" ... GET /componentlookuperror.html HTTP/1.1 ... """) HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error ... A system error occurred. ...
- Replaced an undeclared test dependency on zope.app.authentication with zope.password.
- No longer depend on zope.app.zptpage for tests.
- Replaced dependency on zope.app.securitypolicy by zope.securitypolicy.
- Require zope.browserpage which now contains namedtemplate.
- Fix ftesting.zcml due to zope.securitypolicy update.
- Fix tests using a newer zope.publisher that requires zope.login.
- ISystemErrorView interface has been moved to zope.browser.interfaces, leaving BBB import here.
- Cut dependency on zope.formlib by requiring newer version of zope.app.pagetemplate which now contains namedtemplate.
- Use new zope.authentication instead of zope.app.security.
- Removed deprecated code and thus removed dependency on zope.deferredimport.
- Removed old zpkg-related SETUP.cfg file.
- Substitute zope.app.zapi by direct calls to its wrapped apis. See bug 219302.
- Fixed author email and home page.
- Resolve ZopeSecurityPolicy deprecation warning.
- Initial release independent of the main Zope tree.