How to install zope.app.applicationcontrol
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install zope.app.applicationcontrol
The application control instance is usually generated upon startup. This package provides runtime information adapter for application control and Zope version. Also provide a utility with methods for shutting down and restarting the server.
- Subversion browser:
Read-only Subversion checkout:
$ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.app.applicationcontrol/trunk
Writable Subversion checkout:
$ svn co svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/repos/main/zope.app.applicationcontrol/trunk
Installing This Package
The installation steps below assume that you have the cool new 'setuptools' package installed in your Python. Here is where to get it:
$ wget http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py $ /path/to/your/python ez_setup.py # req. write access to 'site-packages'
- Docs for EasyInstall:
- Docs for setuptools:
- Docs for eggs:
Installing a Development Checkout
Check out the package from subversion:
$ svn co svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.app.applicationcontrol/trunk \
src/zope.app.applicationcontrol $ cd src/zope.app.applicationcontrol
Install it as a "devlopment egg" (which also installs its "hard" dependencies):
$ /path/to/your/python setup.py devel
The installation of dependency eggs uses the 'setup.cfg' file in the checkout. You can supply '--find-links' on the command line to point it at a non-standard package repository.
Running the Tests
To test the package, you will also need the 'zope.testing' package, which can't (yet) be automatically installed. Eventually, you should be able to type:
$ /path/to/your/python setup.py test
and have it install the "testing dependencies." Today, the workaround is to install it manually:
$ /path/to/easy_install --find-links="...." zope.testing
You can then run the tests (finally) from the checkout directory:
$ /path/to/your/python test.py
Ran 13 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.094 seconds.
Installing a Source Distribution
You can also install it from a source distribution:
$ /path/to/easy_install --find-links="...." -eb src zope.app.applicationcontrol $ cd src/zope.app.applicationcontrol $ /path/to/your/python setup.py devel
Installing a Binary Egg
Install the package as a "binary egg" (which also installs its "hard" dependencies):
$ /path/to/easy_install --find-links="...." zope.app.applicationcontrol
- Extended the locale-specific fix from version 3.5.6 for hosts
which set LC_* in the environment: those variables shadow LANG.
- Replaced a testing dependency on zope.app.authentication with
- Removed unneeded zope.app.appsetup test dependency.
- Bugfix: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__file__'
when you used pip install instead of easy_install.
The IZopeVersion utility now returns "Meaningless", since there's no monolithic Zope 3 in the modern eggified world.
- Replaced a testing dependency on zope.app.securitypolicy with one on
- 3.5.6 was a bad egg release.
- Bugfix: Launching svn replaced the whole environment instead of just
- Extracted RuntimeInfo and ApplicationRoot functionality into
zope.applicationcontrol. Import this functionality from this package instead (see BBB imports inside this package).
- Test dependency on zptpage removed.
- Updated to use newer zope.publisher 3.12 and zope.login to make
- Move 'zope.ManageApplication' permission from zope.app.security package
- Break dependency on zope.app.appsetup by using a conditional import
- Added missing (normal and test) dependencies.
- Renenabled functional tests.
- The application controller is now registered as a utility so that other
packages like zope.traversing and zope.app.publication do not need to depend on this package directly. This also makes the application controller pluggable.
- Make the test for the ZopeVersion bugfix in 3.4.2 not fail when run from an
egg rather than a checkout.
- Substitute zope.app.zapi by direct calls to its wrapped apis.
- Bugfix: ZopeVersion used to report an unknown version when running on a
machine with a locale different than English. See http://launchpad.net/bugs/177733
- Fixed deprecation warning in ftesting.zcml: import ZopeSecurityPolicy from
the new location.
- rebumped to replace faulty egg
- Initial documented release
- Reflect changes form zope.app.error refactoring