How to install z3c.hashedresource
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install z3c.hashedresource
To make browsers update their caches of resources immediately when the resource changes, the absolute URLs of resources can now be made to contain a hash of the resource's contents, so it will look like /++noop++12345/@@/myresource instead of /@@/myresource.
In developer mode the hash is recomputed each time the resource is asked for its URL, while in production mode the hash is computed only once, so remember to restart the server after changing resource files (else browsers will still see the old URL unchanged and use their outdated cached versions of the files).
To use this package, include its configure.zcml and use z3c.hashedresource.interfaces.IHashedResourceSkin or a skin that inherits from it.
The dependency on zope.app.publisher >= 3.8.2 is not longer declared explicitly in order to gain compatibility with Zope2, but it is still required when using Zope3.
- Removed unused (and broken) import.
- Restored compatibility with Python 2.4 by importing hashlib conditionally.
- Using haslib instead of md5 get rid of deprecation warnings with Python 2.6
- Added compatibility with Zope2. The dependency on zope.app.publisher >= 3.8.2 is not longer declared explicitly, but still required when using Zope3.
- Some code and test clean-ups.
- first released version