How to install Werkzeug
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install werkzeug
Werkzeug started as simple collection of various utilities for WSGI applications and has become one of the most advanced WSGI utility modules. It includes a powerful debugger, full featured request and response objects, HTTP utilities to handle entity tags, cache control headers, HTTP dates, cookie handling, file uploads, a powerful URL routing system and a bunch of community contributed addon modules.
Werkzeug is unicode aware and doesn't enforce a specific template engine, database adapter or anything else. It doesn't even enforce a specific way of handling requests and leaves all that up to the developer. It's most useful for end user applications which should work on as many server environments as possible (such as blogs, wikis, bulletin boards, etc.).
Details and example applications are available on the Werkzeug website.
- unicode awareness
- request and response objects
- various utility functions for dealing with HTTP headers such as Accept and Cache-Control headers.
- thread local objects with proper cleanup at request end
- an interactive debugger
- A simple WSGI server with support for threading and forking with an automatic reloader.
- a flexible URL routing system with REST support.
- fully WSGI compatible
The Werkzeug development version can be installed by cloning the git repository from github:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:mitsuhiko/werkzeug.git