How to install themetweaker.themeswitcher
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install themetweaker.themeswitcher
A product for switching themes on folders (ATFolder and ATBTreeFolder) in Plone.
Author: WebLion Group, Penn State University.
- plone: 3.1+
With quickinstaller installation:
Each folder will have a ThemeSwitcher tab that will bring up the switcher form. Here you will be able to choose from a list of installed themes.
Without quickinstaller installation:
Same as with installation except, you will need to manually type the switcher form path. e.g. http://localhost:8080/plonesite/folder1/switcherform, because the actions tabs have not been installed.
Contact WebLion at email@example.com, or visit our IRC channel: #weblion on freenode.net.
Bug reports at http://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/newticket
To Do List (for developers)
- TODO (esteel, pumazi) use gloworm to change viewlet ordering on the subfolder basis [requires that each subfolder have a viewletsettingsstorage (via localconf?)]
- rename to collective.themeswitcher and release into the collective
To install themetweaker.themeswitcher into the global Python environment (or a workingenv), using a traditional Zope 2 instance, you can do this:
When you're reading this you have probably already run easy_install themetweaker.themeswitcher. Find out how to install setuptools (and EasyInstall) here: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
Create a file called themetweaker.themeswitcher-configure.zcml in the /path/to/instance/etc/package-includes directory. The file should only contain this:
<include package="themetweaker.themeswitcher" />
Alternatively, if you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
Add themetweaker.themeswitcher to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = themetweaker.themeswitcher
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = themetweaker.themeswitcher themetweaker.themeswitcher-overrides sd.common
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package's configure.zcml file.
Installing ThemeSwitcher in plone through quickinstaller is not all together necessary. At this point it only gives you an actions tab on your folders. Everything else is zcml declared.
- Remove sd.common dependency [erico_andrei]
0.9b2 - (2009-07-10)
- Fix up docs and release again
0.9b1 - (2009-07-10)
- Hooked up uninstall profile
- Major renovation of the traversal machinery that no longer needs
to support the browserlayer. Now everything is based on skins. [claytron]
- Cleaned up the tests to cover more scenarios
- Cleaned up the README to reflect latest changes
- Fixed up buildout so that package tests can be run
$ cd /path/to/themetweaker.themeswitcher $ python2.4 bootstrap.py $ bin/buildout $ bin/test
This will make running the tests easier [claytron]
0.8.7b2 - Beta Released
- Moved the release to beta status
- Touched up the README.txt
- Added a MANIFEST.in to the package
0.8.7b1 - Beta Released
- Added unit tests and doctests
- Added 'Large Plone Folder' support
- Fixed ticket #1030
- Restructured the package
- Refactored the text documents to strictly use reStructuredText.
- Tidying up a bit. Added an Uninstall profile with actions.xml to remove the themeswitcher tab.
0.8.6a2 - Alpha Released
- Added an enable/disable checkbox to the switcher form
- ThemeSwitcher now cleans up after itself (annotations are removed from the object)
- Traverser adapter now adapts IThemeSwitcher rather than IContentish
0.8.6a1 - Alpha Released
- ThemeSwitcher first pypi release.
0.8.6 - Unreleased
- ThemeSwitcher switches by folders rather than URL.
0.8 - Unreleased
- Initial release.