This document provides an overview of what Softwarefabrica Django Wiki is.
This is a flexible wiki application for the Django web framework.
This is meant to be used as a component in developing full-fledged wiki applications, but it also provides a fully working stand-alone application.
Your help and feedback is precious. Suggestions and contributions are very much appreciated. See below on how you can contribute.
If you want to actively collaborate and provide code, documentation, tests or bug fixes, please feel free to create a new Bazaar branch in Launchpad, and tell us about it! See the collaboration section for more information.
- standard markup, based on Markdown
- attachment support
- automatically creates backups of all page changes (full history)
- multiple wikis
- hierarchycal wikis
- hierarchycal pages
- unicode support
- remote wiki synchronization support (you can work on your wikis on mobile, disconnected, devices)
- structured documents support, with links for previous, next and upper pages
- easy access to linked and linking pages
- fast search functionality
- download of pages in text and HTML formats
- easily embeddable in other Django applications
- TWiki import tool
- fully working complete demo application included
- PDF generation
- RSS feed for recent changes
- page templates
- download of a whole wiki in HTML
- advanced ACL support
As said, your help is precious. We'll warmly appreciate any help you'll want to give. Just using this library is a reward for us, but if you want to become more actively involved, you are welcome!
You can checkout the development branch using Bazaar:
bzr branch lp:sf-django-wiki
We'll appreciate very much if you'll want to contribute back any changes. Just register your branch with LaunchPad and tell us!
Source code can also be browsed online.
It's possible to contact the author by e-mail at the following addresses:
m.pantaleoni at softwarefabrica.org
panta at elasticworld.org
marco.pantaleoni at gmail.com
This software is covered by the GNU General Public License version 2. If you want to use this software in a closed source application, you need to buy a commercial license from the author.
This open source version is:
Copyright (C) 2007-2008 Marco Pantaleoni. All rights reserved.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
2009-10-21 Marco Pantaleoni <email@example.com>
- integrated find_package_data() by Ian Bicking from
http://svn.pythonpaste.org/Paste/trunk/paste/util/finddata.py This should solve package issues with python 2.6 (specifically lack of templates in egg).
2008-12-19 Marco Pantaleoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- added doc bundle generation.
- docs/install.txt: improved installation instructions.
2008-12-17 Marco Pantaleoni <email@example.com>
- docs/install.txt: fixed typo.
Fixed another typo.
- setup.py: Added missing dependency on BeautifulSoup.
2008-12-16 Marco Pantaleoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Makefile (commit): added 'commit' target, which updates
launchpad bzr repo.
- docs/install.txt: added info about jscalendar.
- removed demo.db
(WikiParser.markup_parse): Removed bogus reference to obsolete mdx_sfwiki.
- BIG CHANGE. Complete reorganization of the source, switched to
nested package layout (softwarefabrica.django.wiki), re-organized demo project, added documentation, created setuptools based distribution. Also fixed some bugs.
2008-11-24 Marco Pantaleoni <email@example.com>
- switched to 'softwarefabrica.django.utils'
2008-10-22 Marco Pantaleoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- testproj/static_media/css/wiki-screen.css: CSS changes.
- templates/wiki/base.html: switched to perfect 3-column layout
2008-10-09 Marco Pantaleoni <email@example.com>
- models.py (Wiki.homepage): it's now possible to specify an home
page for a Wiki.
2008-09-26 Marco Pantaleoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- testproj/importer/twiki-import.py: added support for attachments.
- testproj/importer/twiki-import.py: great code reorganization.
- wikiparse.py (wikiparse): correctly handle unicode and markdown.
- wikiparse.py (parse_wiki_tags): fixed and added detailed wiki
links and attachments.
- urls.py: generalized urls.
- testproj/importer/twiki-import.py: greatly improved, added write
to DB. Now it is almost complete.
- templates/wiki/search_results.html: now pagecontents point to
- templates/wiki/base.html: changed DOCTYPE switching from xhtml
to html, switched to utf8
- sanitize.py (sanitize_html): generalized.
- models.py: added an HACK to support correct handling of 'linked'
ManyToMany when not using forms.
2008-09-25 Marco Pantaleoni <email@example.com>
- fixed default parent separator in models get_parent.
Small layout and css change.
- added linked pages and linked by boxes to the sidebar
- added linked and referenced pages to PageContent model, and
handled properly in save() and wiki filter.
2008-09-24 Marco Pantaleoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- attachments are now saved in a path referring to the page UUID
instead of the name.
- now it's possible to go to a specific revision from the history
- moved info about page content rev. and dates to history page.
- page history now uses pagelink.
- moved 'add attachment' link to page icons box.
Small css change.
- limited recently modified pages to current wiki, when
- added 'txt' and 'HTML' download links for pages.
- simplified left sidebar.
- wiki links css changes.
- fixed 'wiki' templatetag (sanitized text before markdown processing).
- added wikimenu templatetag, which generates a hierarchical menu.
- fixed missing closing HTML tags for page text in search results
and page history (using truncate_html instead of truncate).
- added icons for edit and new page in page detail.
2008-09-22 Marco Pantaleoni <email@example.com>
- added 'wikilink' and 'pagelink' templatetags (removing the
'get_hier_href()' functions from models.)
- added initial rough support for sub-wikis and sub-pages
in url handling and views.
- added publish, publish_from, publish_to fields.
Added sub-wiki and sub-page support to db models.
2008-09-20 Marco Pantaleoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Improved search, adding search in pages and wikis.
- implemented a basic search functionality.
2008-09-19 Marco Pantaleoni <email@example.com>
- Added initial attachment support.
Fixed some related names for foreign keys.