How to install slumber
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install slumber
Slumber is a python library that provides a convenient yet powerful object orientated interface to ReSTful APIs. It acts as a wrapper around the excellent requests library and abstracts away the handling of urls, serialization, and processing requests.
I have an IRC channel (#slumber on irc.freenode.net) to get help, bounce idea or generally shoot the breeze.
$ pip install slumber
Install Optional Requirements:
pip install simplejson pyyaml
Slumber requires the following modules.
- Python 2.6+
- simplejson (If you desire the speedups for JSON serialization)
- pyyaml (If you are using the optional yaml serialization)
- All HTTP methods support multipart/form-data. The new files parameter is directly passed to requests. Thanks to Philip Neustrom and Diego Gaustein.
- Now compatible with requests 1.0 thanks to Matias Saguir.
- Fix bug when using default serializer. Thanks to Andy McKay
- Support decoded unicode url fragments - Thanks @collinwat
- Added a session kwarg to slumber.API allowing passing a requests session that will be used instead of the slumber created one
- (Backwards Incompatible) Switched from httplib2 to requests
- (Backwards Incompatible) Removed the Meta class Magic
- (Backwards Incompatible) Removed the ability to subclass slumber.API to specify defaults
- (Backwards Incompatible) New Syntax for Specifying Authentication
- Fix regression where pre 0.3 urls were assumed to end in slash, and 0.3.0 presumed to end in not slash. Urls are now assumed to end in a slash, and if you don't want this behavior you can disable it by the append_slash kwarg/Meta option (set to False to disable it).
- Fix regression caused by a mistyped variable name.
- Allowed nesting resources infinitely to allow more complex api usage.
- Cleaned up the Meta class and allow subclassing slumber.API
- (Backwards Incompatible) Cleaned up the exception names.
- (Backwards Incompatible) Renamed the slumber.API serialization kwarg from default_format to format to be more consistent
- Improved the documentation
- Added Some Tests (This could still be better)
- Fixed https urls and the accidental force to port 80
- Fixed the assumption that all urls end in a trailing slash
- Fixed Including of Changelog.rst
- Updated the docs to include a section about url parameters
- (Backwards Incompatible) Move specifying a non default serializer from api.resource.get(format="yaml") to api.resource(format="yaml").get()
- Reworked the internal Resource api to not clobber any kwargs passed to it. This fixes a bug where you couldn't use format or url as the name for one of the url parameters.
- Fix for Resource.post() not passing kwargs to Resource.get()
- Initial public release of Slumber