How to install Send2Trash3k
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install send2trash3k
This is a Python 3 package. The Python 2 package is at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Send2Trash .
Send2Trash is a small package that sends files to the Trash (or Recycle Bin) natively and on all platforms. On OS X, it uses native FSMoveObjectToTrashSync Cocoa calls, on Windows, it uses native (and ugly) SHFileOperation win32 calls. On other platforms, it follows the trash specifications from freedesktop.org.
ctypes is used to access native libraries, so no compilation is necessary.
Download the source from http://hg.hardcoded.net/send2trash and install it with:
>>> python setup.py install
>>> from send2trash import send2trash >>> send2trash('some_file')
When there's a problem OSError is raised.
Version 1.2.0 -- 2011/03/16
- Improved plat_other to follow freedesktop.org trash specification.
Version 1.1.0 -- 2010/10/18
- Converted compiled modules to ctypes so that cross-platform compilation isn't necessary anymore.
Version 1.0.2 -- 2010/07/10
- Fixed bugs with external volumes in plat_other.
Version 1.0.1 -- 2010/04/19
- Fixed memory leak in OS X module.
Version 1.0.0 -- 2010/04/07
- Initial Release