How to install repoze.who.plugins.ldap
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install repoze.who.plugins.ldap
repoze.who.plugins.ldap -- LDAP Authentication for WSGI Applications
repoze.who.plugins.ldap is an LDAP plugin for the identification and authentication framework for WSGI applications, repoze.who, which acts as WSGI middleware.
It provides you with an straightforward solution to enable LDAP support in your applications. Yes, you read well: "straightforward", "LDAP" and "applications" are in the same sentence. In fact, you may make your application LDAP-aware in few minutes and with few lines of code.
Another great news is that this package is fully documented and provides you with a working and documented demo project.
See the docs subdirectory of this package for more information, or browse the online documentation <http://code.gustavonarea.net/repoze.who.plugins.ldap/>.
1.1 Alpha 1 (2010-01-03)
- Changed the license to the Repoze license.
- Provided start_tls option both for the authenticator and the metadata provider.
- Enable both pattern-replacement and subtree searches for the naming attribute in _get_dn().
- Enable configuration of the naming attribute
- Enable the option to bind to the server with privileged credential before doing searches
- Add a restrict pattern to pre-authentication DN searches
- Let the user choose whether to return the full DN or the supplied login as the user identifier
The initial release.
- Provided the LDAP authenticator, which is compatible with identifiers that define the 'login' item in the identity dict.
- Included the plugin to load metadata about the authenticated user from the LDAP server.
- Documented how to install and use the plugins.
- Included Turbogears 2 demo project, using the plugin. There is also a section in the documentation to explain how the demo works.