How to install quintagroup.theme.schools
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install quintagroup.theme.schools
Schools is a free responsive diazo theme for Plone 4.3rc1.
Responsive Web Design
Schools is a fully responsive theme that allows for easy viewing on mobile devices and tablets. The website will start to automatically resize and reposition the content to accommodate the different device screen sizes.
Schools diazo theme comes with default Plone logo. You can replace it with your own as you would do it in default Plone: in ZMI customize portal_skins -> sunburst_images -> logo.png.
Configurable left/right column width
Go to Site Setup -> Theming, open Advanced settings tab. In Parameter expressions textarea change the columnonewidth or/and columntwowidth parameters values respectively.
Improved thumbnail display view
To see the changes go to Display dropdown menu and click on Thumbnail view.
The theme allows you to replace header image for the whole site or site sections. To have new top image, add image with topimage shortname into desirable location on site. Default image size is 993*107px.
In case you upload higher image, it will not be completely displayed. To change it go to Site Setup -> Theming, open Advanced settings tab. In Parameter expressions textarea set the logo_min_height parameter value from 107 with a new header height.
Right top area is reserved for a portlet. The first portlet from right column is displayed there.
You can change links colors: links_color, hover_links_color, and visited_links_color. For this, go to Site Setup -> Theming -> Advanced settings tab. In Parameter expressions textarea change the 'links_color' or/and 'hover_links_color' or/and 'visited_links_color' parameters values respectively.
Rotating banners can be added in case you install Products.Carousel add-on. Custom Carousel display style applies automatically to carousel banner.
To create a banner on the front page, go to the Carousel tab in the task bar. Set carousel options and select Carousel Banner from Add new... drop-down menu. Upload image that will be used as one rotating banner, type its title and text (will be displayed under the image), and provide web address, image title will be linked to. Add as many carousel banners as you need.
Recommended image dimensions are 397*288px. There are 4 demo images that might be used as demo banners - see src folder within theme package (quintagroup -> theme -> schools).
Schools Theme uses customizable slogan. To change it, go to Site Setup -> Theming -> Advanced Settings tab. In Parameter expressions textarea change Free Theme for Plone slogan in slogan line.
If you need your slogan to be displayed in non-ASCII characters, go to Site Setup -> Theming, open Advanced settings tab. In Parameter expressions change the following field
slogan = string:Free Theme for Plone
slogan = python:path('context/slogan|string:').decode('utf-8', 'ignore')
and in Site Setup -> Zope Management Interface settings -> Properties tab add a new property slogan, type string, value your slogan and save.
Customize: portal_view_customizations -> plone.footer.
Additional features can be activated:
Adds rotating Carousel banner feature. Adjusted stylings to Carousel
Allows adding portlets in the header, footer and content area.
Adds TTW Form Generator feature.
Adds adjusted styling to drop-down menu.
Adds multilingual functionality with adjusted styling for language selectors.
Theme was tested with:
- Plone 4.3rc1
- plone.app.theming 1.1b2
- Products.Carousel 2.2.1
- Products.ContentWellPortlets 4.2.1
- Products.PloneFormGen 1.7.6
- quintagroup.dropdownmenu 1.2.11
- Products.LinguaPlone 4.1.3
quintagroup.theme.schools can be installed in any of the following ways.
Installation via diazo panel
- Download zip file at http://plone.org/products/schools-plone-skin/releases/6.2/schools.zip
- Import the theme at the 'Diazo theme' control panel
Installation via buildout
In the buildout.cfg file of your instance:
Add quintagroup.theme.schools to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... quintagroup.theme.schools
Restart the Zope server:
$ ./bin/instance restart
Then activate 'Schools Theme' in Plone (Site Setup -> Add-ons).
Installation: development mode
If you want to customize Schools theme please use the following installation instructions:
download quintagroup.theme.schools-version.zip archive from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/quintagroup.theme.schools
extract theme archive to get quintagroup.theme.schools-version folder. Remove version from folder name to have quintagroup.theme.schools folder
put quintagroup.theme.schools folder into src directory of your buildout
in buildout.cfg file of your buildout add quintagroup.theme.schools to the list of eggs you are developing and to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... develop = src/quintagroup.theme.schools ... eggs = ... quintagroup.theme.schools
Start instance in development mode:
$ ./bin/instance fg
Install Schools Theme in Plone (Site Setup -> Add-ons).
Now you can customize Schools Theme by modifying quintagroup.theme.schools package in src directory of your buildout.
6.2 March 18, 2013
- Plone 4.3rc1 compatibility added [naivok]
6.1.2 March 12, 2013
- Fixed accesskey [naivok]
- Plone4.3 compatibility added [naivok]
6.1.1 January 03, 2013
- Fixed footer link [naivok]
- Fixed search-results-bar link color [naivok]
6.1 November 28, 2012
- Added preview image to diazo panel [naivok]
- Added ajax_load [naivok]
6.0.10 September 21, 2012
- Fixed style to history [naivok]
- Fixed style to carousel [naivok]
- Fixed style to eventDetails [naivok]
6.0.9 August 20, 2012
- Updated .required styles [naivok]
- quintagroup.dropdownmenu 1.2.11 compatibility added [naivok]
6.0.8 - July 17, 2012
- fixed style to portal-personaltools for Responsive Web Design [naivok]
- removed unnecessary id attribute for the body [naivok]
- updated Doctype for Plone 4.2 [naivok]
6.0.7 - May 16, 2012
- fixed change slogan [naivok]
- changed the order of inserting ploneCustom.css [naivok]
- updated the way the footer is inserted [naivok]
- added schools class to body [naivok]
- added style to Responsive Web Design [naivok]
6.0.6 - January 20, 2012
- bug fixed [naivok]
6.0.5 - January 17, 2012
- Products.PloneFormGen compatibility added [naivok]
- Products.Carousel dependency removed [naivok]
6.0.4 - December 30, 2011
- plone.app.themingplugins dependency removed [naivok]
6.0.3 - December 19, 2011
- possibility to edit slogan added
- possibility to replace header image added
- logo replacement fixed
6.0.2 - December 2, 2011
- base styles updated
- styles for ContentWellPortlets adapted
- improved css for correct work with Poducts.Carousel
- added possibility to make basic edits via diazo panel: column width, links color (link, hover, visited), logo height and top portlet block height.
6.0.1 - November 28, 2011
- styles for searchbox with dropdown menu fixed
6.0 - November 23, 2011
- theme package converted into diazo theme
4.2 - Apr 11, 2011
- work with quintagroup.dropdownmenu fixed
- Styles for sitemap, document editable and live search fixed
- columnOneWidthInt value added to base_properties
- Products.LinguaPlone compatibility fixed
4.1 - Jan 24, 2011
- theme updated to Plone 4
4.0 - Mar 01, 2010
- theme product is package now [serg]
- top portlet manager was added [serg]
- Products.Carousel product integration [serg]
- most of css images were merged into image sprite [serg]
- new properties were added to base_propeties [serg]
- favicon was added [serg]
3.3.2 - Dec 2, 2009
- Improved print.css [serg]
3.3.1 - Oct 16, 2009
- Default theme logo changes [serg]
3.3 - Sep 4, 2009
- Restored breadcrumbs [serg]
3.2 - June 15, 2009
- Ie fixes were separated
- Customized templates were updated to Plone 3.2
3.1 - June 25, 2008
- Language selector panel styled
- Plone 3.1.2 compatibility tested
3.0.4 - Mar 18, 2008
- Updated installation/uninstallation
3.0.3 - Mar 12, 2008
- Added styles, changed txt files
3.0.2 - Mar 12, 2008
- Fix problem with unreferencable object in imported content
3.0.1 - Feb 13, 2008
- Fixed problems with editing imported content.
3.0 - Oct 31, 2007
- Release for Plone 3.0.x
1.0.1 - June 18, 2007
- Release for Pone 2.5.2