How to install pyctd
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install pyctd
pyctd, the PYthon ConnTrack Daemon
|Version:||please run pyctd.py --version|
|Contact:||Pyctd Development Team <pyctd-dev AT inl.fr>|
This program aims at serving Netfilter connection tracking through a network via an XML-RPC server.
Presently, a frontend in PHP is available, see : http://software.inl.fr/trac/trac.cgi/wiki/pyctd/frontends/php
pyctd is free software released under GNU General Public License v2. Please see COPYING file for further informations.
See INSTALL file.
Contributors are welcome. You may find some available tasks in TODO file. If you want to implement one of them, please contact us, we can create you a Trac account.
XML-RPC server is based on the SimpleHTTPServer from Python's standard library, so there is no waranty about security of this server. That's why we strongly recommands to keep it listening to localhost only and use Apache's mod_redirect to proxify it to the network. See apache-site.template for an example.
If you applied what written above, you can configure Apache to manage authentication. If done, you can give no mod_auth argument, but you will still have to call the login procedure in order to get a session ID. In that case arguments passed with login procedure has no importance (so you can give no argument).
Otherwise, we strongly recommand you to give a mod_auth argument. This argument is a module containing an authenticate function returning a boolean value and having the arguments passed with login remote procedure. A module auth_sha.py is provided with pyctd to manage a password file encrypted with SHA hashing. To use it, you must edit the script to set the module attribute PASSWD_FILE. Then, you have to add user/passwd by running the script itself:
python auth_sha.py username passord
To remove access for a user/passwd, you just have to delete the appropriate line in the passord file.
- prototype: login(mixed arguments) returns session ID: String;
First procedure to call for authenticating the client. Arguments depend on authentication backend. If using no modules, it does not need any argument ; if using auth_sha.py, it requires 2 arguments : login(username: String, password: String)
The procedure returns a String which represents a session id to give as a first argument in each future procedure calls. The created session time out after 10 seconds.
- prototype: view(session_id: String, filters: Struct, order_by: String, order_dir: String, start: Integer, length: Integer) returns connection set: Struct;
Gets a connections tracked by netfilter_conntrack. filters is a Struct having variable attributes ; each attribute name represents a connection field name, and its value is the value to filter to ; the type of the value is various in function of the connection field.
|Integers:||mark, timeout, orig_l4proto, orig_ipv4_src, orig_ipv4_dst, orig_port_src, orig_port_dst|
- prototype: kill(session_id: String, connection_ids: Array of Integer) returns nothing;
Kills all connections identified by an element of connection_ids. Connection IDs are given in the result of view procedure.
Note: if you want the connection not to be created again just at the next packet received, you should add the following iptable rule (optionally, same thing in INPUT and OUTPUT chains):
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m state --state NEW ! --syn -j DROP
- prototype: change(session_id: String, field_name: String, connection_id: Integer, field_value: variable type) returns nothing;
Changes a connection's field. Presently only 2 fields can be modified :
- field_name="mark": Can be set to change the connmark of a
connection. field_value must be an 32-bit unsigned integer.
- field_name="timeout": Can be set to change the timeout (in
seconds) of a connection : timeout becomes fixed for this connection ; field_value must be an 32-bit unsigned integer.
- prototype: refresh(session_id: String) returns nothing;
Refresh the connection tracking table.
- prototype: set_autorefresh(session_id: String, refresh: Integer) returns nothing;
Enable or disable the auto refreshing of the connection tracking table.
- Fix bug introduced by error while backporting
- Do not refresh in permanence the connexion table, but only when needed
- Add 2 function to manage this feature
- Filtering of unwanted connection (localhost one for instance)
- Bug fix release
- Using the new API of pynetfilter_conntrack
- Sorting and filtering of the connection table is made server-side
- Username can be retrieve with UID included in the connection mark (with --uid-mask option)
- Fix bug in pagination displaying
- Fix bug in byte order (wrongly works on big endian arch)
- Init script
- Installation into /usr/sbin
- pyctd man page
- Working debian sarge packaging
- New debian etch packaging
- Pagination feature
- i18n feature (translation in English and French)
- Enhanced packaging
- Bug fixes
- Security fixes
- Enhancing model
- Fixing installer