How to install Products.PasswordStrength
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install products.passwordstrength
This Pluggable Authentication Service (PAS) plugin validates passwords against regular expression rules. These rules can ensure a passwords strength such as minimum lenth and required characthers. This plugin contains a patch to plone to use PAS validation.
- PluggableAuthService and its dependencies
- (optional) PlonePAS and its dependencies
- Plone 4.1 or 4.2.
Place the Product directory 'PasswordStength' in your 'Products/' directory. Restart Zope.
In your PAS 'acl_users', select 'PasswordStrength' from the add list. Give it an id and title, and push the add button.
Enable the 'Validation' plugin interfaces in the after-add screen.
Click on the properties tab and edit the validation rules
To use with plone, you need to install PasswordStrength using quickinstaller
That's it! Test it out.
Note: PasswordStength doesn't currently generate new passwords. This means that you will need to change Plones security settings such that users manually enter passwords rather than autogenerate them.
A PAS plugin for Validation checks the password against each regular expression listed in the properties. Any rules that fail result in the associated error messages being returned.
Plone doesn't use PAS to validate passwords so included is a patch to Products.CMFPlone.RegistrationTool.RegistrationTool.testPasswordValidity which makes plone use PAS validation plugins.
- Do password generation from regexp. This looks possible http://stackoverflow.com/questions/492716/reversing-a-regular-expression-in-python
- Do password expiration
Copyright, License, Author
- Copyright (c) 2007, PretaWeb, Australia,
- and the respective authors. All rights reserved.
Author: Dylan Jay <firstname.lastname@example.org>
License BSD-ish, see LICENSE.txt
Thanks to Daniel Nouri and BlueDynamics for their NoDuplicateLogin which served as the base for this.
- Added a monkey-patch for the zope.schema Password field to validate the password. This is necessary for the Plone 4 @@new-user form to work well. [regebro]
0.2 - Packaged as egg. Plone 3.1 compatible
0.1 - Initial version. Plone 2.5 compatible