How to install Products.ArchAddOn
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install products.archaddon
Straightforward toolbox of field types, widgets, and validators for Archetypes.
Please feel free to add your own new fields, widgets, and validators here, if you think they are general-purpose. I intend for this to be not sample or learning archetypes add ons (ArchExample is for that), but real-world usable toolbox pieces.
New Fields for:
Instruction (only shows description on edit form, for adding sectional help or other HTML markup to an edit form)
DynamicField. This is a textual field that can contain TALES expressions which are evaluated. So you can add a "body" field to a schema that is of this type, and have it be a mix of HTML content and TALES expressions (just like in a ZPT).
SimpleDataGridField. A lines field with embedded vertical bars for fields. If the columns property is set, the isValidGrid validator will ensure that the entered text has exactly that number of columns for each row. If strip_whitespace is True, the individual cells in the grid will be stripped of leading and trailing whitespace (that is, whitespace added around the delimiter).
If column_names is set to a tuple or list of strings, it gives the names of columns in the grid. The getDataGridRow script and the getRow() method will return a dict using these column names as keys rather than using the column numbers (starting from zero). Fields are just strings, with no internal validation, etc.
Matching widgets for these types
- FormattedUSPhoneValidator: (999) 999-9999
Plone version 4.0 or higher.
- Use the quickinstaller_tool and install ArchAddOn
- To create a sample object and test the new fields, widgets, etc., go to the archetype_tool and install the "ArchAddOn Example" type, then add an object of that type.
- Package cleanup [aclark]
- Plone 4 compatible release. [kteague]
- Egg release of Products.ArchAddOn. [aclark]
- Initial release of ArchAddOn. [joelburton]