How to install plone.app.tiles
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install plone.app.tiles
Plone UI integration for plone.tiles.
This package contains the following things:
- A view @@add-tile, and an associated form, which can be used to create a new tile based on the tile's schema. For transient tiles, this merely redirects to a URL with an appropriate query string. For persistent tiles, it will also save the necessary data. This will fire an IObjectCreatedEvent as well as an IObjectAddedEvent for the newly created tile (a transient object) when successfully submitted. In the case of the IObjectAddedEvent, the newParent attribute will be the tile's context, and the newName attribute will be the tile's id.
- The @@add-tile view, when accessed directly, allows the user to choose from all available tiles (subject to the tile's add permission) and redirects to the appropriate @@add-tile/<tile-type> URL to configure the tile.
- A view @@edit-tile, and an associated form, which can be used to edit a tile based on the tile's schema. This will fire an IObjectModifiedEvent for the modified tile (a transient object) when successfully submitted.
- A view @@delete-tile, where the user may select a tile type, enter a tile id, and opt to clear out any persistent data for that tile. This can also be called by AJAX code given appropriate request parameters. This will fire an IObjectRemovedEvent for the removed tile (a transient object). The oldParent attribute will be the tile's context, and the oldName attribute will be the tile's id.
If you need a custom form, you can register an add view as an adapter from (context, request, tileType), where tileType is an instance providing plone.tiles.interfaces.ITileType.
The actual integration of the various views is left up to other packages (such as the Deco editor).
- fixing 1.0 release which was broken (missing README.rst) [garbas]
- initial release. [garbas]