How to install plone.app.kss
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install plone.app.kss
This product gives generic KSS support for Plone. It depends on the product kss.core.
Compatible with Zope 2.12, and Plone 4.0.
Content tab replacer. This works with all the content (aka. "green") tabs including the non-action tabs in the setup screens. (put to experimental rules, by default off)
As we have no way to identify a macro for the content-region in the current templating system of Plone, we render down the whole template. As a speedup, we replace the main_template in the rendering context, this may or may not have an effect depending on the template. If we cannot find a template at all, we fall back to submit.
We currently refresh the "recent" portlet. The rendering of the portlet is done by the general macro renderer, the portlet is then replaced in the client in its position.
There is one rule that is refreshing all the portlets, the only change that needs to be done in the Plone templates is put a KssPortletRefresh class to those portlet's outer <dl> tag that need to be refreshed. Refreshing is done in every 30 seconds currently, this can be adjusted from the template.
In-place calendar navigation: the two little arrows replace the calendar portlet, without reloading the screen.
We put kss attributes on the calendar node for the year and month to tell the server where to navigate. Actually, we could have done that without modifying the template either, since the server could have just received the original "href" of the little arrow and could parse the year and month from that, but this is a cleaner solution.
KSS extensions defined for general purpose use
- A generic macro replacer server action
- client action for submitting to an url
- client action for submitting the current form
- Move a lot of KSS-related configuration from CMFPlone to plone.app.kss. KSS is no longer a dependency of Plone. [esteele]
- Remove hard dependency on Archetypes. [davisagli]
- Update <link /> element providing base-url for KSS with valid rel keyword ('alternate') and additional HTML5 attribute data-*. References http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/11300 [spliter]
- Update license to GPL version 2 only. [hannosch]
- Avoid deprecation warnings under Zope 2.13. [hannosch]
- Use a proper API to read response headers in tests. [hannosch]
- Avoid using the deprecated five:implements directive. [hannosch]
- Add RefreshViewletByClass command to zopecommands command set. This allow to fix event handlers that were broken because they were relying on viewlet (and manager) names instead of relying on their semantic. This refs http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9703 [gotcha]
- Better unicode character for dragging, better cursor. [limi]
- Changed replace_id in content_replacer.changeViewTemplate and content_replacer.replaceContentRegion to replace#content instead of redundant #region-content that is not in Plone anymore. [spliter]
- Updated markup to not use .documentContent. This refs http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10231 [limi]
- Fixed tests (portal-column-content is a div) [gotcha]
- Fixed refrehProvider zope command : providers do not need to inherit from Acquisition.Explicit anymore [gotcha]
- Removed interface BBB code for old Plone versions. [hannosch]
- Specified package dependencies. [hannosch]
- Made the tests independent of any default content in the site. [hannosch]
- Make the macroContent helper work on Zope 2.12 by using a BoundPageTemplate instead of an acquisition- wrapped ViewPageTemplateFile. [davisagli]
- Made kss attribute tests pass on both Plone 3.2 and 3.3. Difference: on 3.3 contentview-history was removed and inline editing has been disabled by default. [maurits]
- Correct invalid use of jq.unbind [davisagli]
- Translate message and message type passed to PloneCommands.issuePortalMessage. This fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7282 [maurits]
- Adjusted deprecation warnings to point to Plone 4.0 instead of Plone 3.5 since we changed the version numbering again. [hannosch]
- Made the kss.demo dependency optional. [hannosch]
- add selenium tests that at the moment are only runnable with a special branch of kss.demo, available from ploneout. [ree]
- use refreshViewlet instead of macroContent in subscribers (closes #7879) [gotcha)
- Fix bugs and test layer [ree, gotcha, jvloothuis, nouri]
- External links is not always loaded anymore [gotcha]
- Prepare for release [ree]
- Cleaned up Acquisition usage. self.context always needs to be unwrapped by aq_inner before using it in Zope2. [hannosch]
- Prepare for release [ree]
- Add monkeypatch to offer a temporary workaround to five.localsitemanager. This is actually not a kss issue, but the problem manifests when any other non-five site manager (like kss's one) is used together fith five's one. The result is, acquisition wrapping is not added in this case, and tools in Plone are returned without a parent. The current patch relocates the adding of the acquisition wrapping from the localsitemanager of five to the level of zope3. Thus acquisition will always be added. This is actually not a proper solution and is added from the wrong place at the moment. [ree]
- prepare for release [ree]
- adjust for release [ree]
- Initial package structure. [zopeskel]