PCEF is code editing framework for PySide applications.
It provides a flexible code editor ready to use in any PySide applications. Flexibility is achieved through a system of editor extensions (custom panels and modes).
In addition to the base widget, some preconfigured editors are available (a generic code editor and a python editor).
Here are the core features:
- flexible framework to add custom panels/modes
- syntax highlighting mode (using pygments)
- code completion
- line number Panel
- code folding Panel
- markers Panel (to add breakpoints, bookmarks, errors,...)
- right margin indicator mode
- active line highlighting mode
- editor zoom mode
- find and replace Panel
- text decorations (squiggle, box)
- easy styling (built-in white and dark styles + possibility to customize using JSON style schemes)
- auto indent mode(indentation level is based on the previous line indent)
Here are the python specific features:
- code completion (using Jedi)
- syntax and style checking (using pylint, pyflakes and pep8)
- code folder
- smart indent