notmm toolkit v0.4.5
Controversial, scalable, and independent fork of Django on top of WSGI with privacy, security and freedom of expression in mind. Designed to provide a fresh and efficient web application platform for Python web developers using the MVC philosophy plus several modifications to allow unrestricted customizations on top of Django. Designed so that programmers can stay in control of their web sites easily using a traditional approach to web development, that is, by fully centralizing (as opposed to distributed) the controller and related middlewares into a single Python based (WSGI) application.
Scalable and non-monolithic By Design
Allow developers to write scalable Django apps easily.
The notmm toolkit provides a modular controller-based API to develop advanced WSGI applications on top of the Django framework while staying in control of the undelegated web framework based on the WSGI specification.
Pragmatic Web Application Development
Enable developers to test and develop server side WSGI applications in a sandbox environment by writing unit tests.
Rapid Framework Refactoring
Based on the unittest module for continuous integration and rapid web framework refactoring.
Fully open source licensed (ISC). The notmm toolkit works best under the GNU/Linux OS or a BSD variant.
- Follows the WSGI 1.0 specification for development of related HTTP-based libraries in Python.
- Supports most Django apps designed for Django, including Satchmo, FeinCMS, and more.
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) API design with built-in regular-expression URL dispatching.
- UTF-8 template loading, rendering, and caching. (Mako, Beaker New)
- Memcache backend support tools. (New)
- The API pages and the Developer Handbook are generated with Doxygen and Sphinx respectively.
- Compatible with Python 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7.
- Commercial support kindly offered and available on request. :)
- Experimental AES encryption of picklable Python objects using pycryptopp
- Experimental SQLAlchemy database backends and functions. (Declarative mapper, Elixir)
- Experimental non-relational database backends and functions. (Schevo, MongoDB)
- Experimental unittest2 integration in the notmm.utils.test package.
- Experimental I18N support. (Based on Django's I18N framework)
- Experimental C bindings generation with Cython.
Please see the wiki for real-world examples of applications using the notmm toolkit. In addition, the examples directory should includes demo apps to experiment freely.
Current stable release is 0.4.5p2.
Mercurial is the current SCM used for development.
For read-only access to the source code repository:
hg clone http://bitbucket.org/erob/notmm/ notmm-trunk
Releases are now being documented on the Releases page.
Please use the key ID 0xA086DDEC to verify the downloaded files with your favorite GPG client.
- Wiki: https://gthc.org/wiki/NotAMonolithicMashup/
- Source code repository: https://bitbucket.org/erob/notmm/
- Homepage: http://www.notmm.org/
You can put the following logo on your website if you want to support the notmm toolkit:
Donations for on going development and support for notmm are kindly welcome and appreciated. The notmm project is self-financed and only survives through money I gained working with customers.
Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it. -- Henry David Thoreau
Copyright (c) 2007-2012 Etienne Robillard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.