How to install ndg_oauth_server
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install ndg-oauth-server
This is an OAuth 2.0 server library and WSGI middleware filter.
It supports simple string-based bearer token and a custom extension to enable the use of X.509 certificates as tokens. The latter has been added for a specialised use case to enable a SLCS (Short-lived Credential Service) to issue delegated X.509-based credentials with OAuth.
Integrated enhancements from Willem van Engen including:
- password-based client authentication, which is a commonly used client authentication method
- resource authentication for the check_token endpoint, to avoid brute-force attacks on token check; also provides a starting point for audience-restricted tokens and resource-restricted attribute release
- return user attribute from check_token endpoint, so that the resource knows what the user is; attribute name user_name according to CloudFoundry
Resource and client authentication use the same classes, and now are instantiated with a string indicating their use (to give meaningful log messages). The client_authenticator interface was removed, since all authenticators can derive directly from authenticator_interface, since they're both used for clients and resources; they were also renamed to make that clear (removing _client).
In client_register.ini and resource_register.ini (the latter is new) the field secret is optional.
Client code is unchanged.
- Revised examples in ndg.oauth.client.examples. bearer_tok uses bearer token to secure access to a simple html page on a resource server, slcs is an example protecting a short-lived credential service aka. Online Certificate Authority. This requires the ContrailOnlineCAService package and should be used in conjunction with the equivalent example in the ndg_oauth_client example.
- Added discrete WSGI resource server middleware ndg.oauth.server.wsgi.resource_server.Oauth2ResourceServerMiddleware
- Includes support for bearer access token passed in Authorization header to resource server.
This has been developed and tested for Python 2.6 and 2.7.
Installation can be performed using easy_install or pip.
Examples are contained in the examples/ sub-folder:
- This configures a simple test application that uses string based tokens.
- Bearer token example protecting a Short-Lived Credential Service or OnlineCA. ContrailOnlineCAService package is needed for this example.
The examples should be used in conjunction with the ndg_oauth_client package.