How to install ice.control
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install ice.control
Table of Contents
- ice.control - System Administration and Site Management for BlueBream
ice.control is package for:
- BlueBream application developers: developer kit and starter kit.
- System administrators: site management.
- Site managers: just define views for these tasks.
This package does provide:
- treeview ZODB browser
- views for simple manipulate objects (remove, rename)
- ajax based python shell with REPL to interact the application in selected ZODB context
- configurator plugin forms to manage ZODB, edit metadata, other ajax based views and ability to add new views
- other controls like generations and ZODB pack
- optional simple skin (as part of starter kit)
- optional module with all needed zcml registrations
Each facility is optional. Include needed components using zcml, or include root configuration file to use entire functionality of the package.
IMPORTANT NOTE: use Mozilla Firefox (Google Chrome also supported now, but still possible bugs in UI. Please report.)
(I assume you have empty BlueBream project from Paster template, i.e. paster create -t bluebream.)
Add ice.control into dependencies of your project.
Add these directives into etc/site.zcml file, before of includeOvverides file="overrides.zcml":
`include package="ice.control.zcml"` `include package="ice.control"` `include package="ice.control.repl"`
Run the server:
$ bin/paster serve debug.ini
Open management skin: http://localhost:8080/++skin++control/ and log in admin account and learn UI.
You might open, close, minimize number of 'Details' pseudo-windows in the same time, and each plseudo-window will contain its own REPL session. Session is defined for user and context. So, each context has its own session.
Predefined variables and methods:
- context variable is current context in ZODB tree
- getObject method from zope.security.proxy
- transaction module import
- up - up to history
- down - down to history
- Tab - tab indent
- Ctrl+E - go to line's end (in Firefox)
- If you like to install the package from Git repository, see HACKME, section Install from Git repository.
- There are number of options to use ice.control. You have define this including certain modules in zcml, instead of entire. I.e. instead of include package="ice.control" - include needed nested modules.
This package does define two permissions:
Different views have different permissions like zope.ManageService, zope.ManageApplication and etc. You need to know about this only if you going to use controls not only by bootstrap user zope.Manager.
- support bluebream 1.0b4
- new dublincore permissions (zope.dublincore >= 3.7.0)
- added zope.principalannotation zcml into ice.control.zcml, introspector to work correctly
- minor fix in css - truncate too long urls in details header
- support bluebream 1.0b2
- minor fixes in css and ice.control.zcml
- fix rst syntax in documentation
- better support for Google Chrome
- minor changes in skin, added BB favicon
- added method clean into REPL dispatcher
- LP #570887: REPL, help(): Error "ValueError: I/O operation on closed file"
- LP #570006: problems with monospace font for REPL in Google Chrome
- LP #571805: undented REPL input field, and prompt appear in the previous line.
- LP #575544: incorrect auto scrolling in REPL.
- fixed docs
- Namespace ++control++ instead of ++etc++control.
- Transitive security for IControl (10x location proxy).
- Transitive access to content context from IControl (method get_content()).
- Use controls not only on root folder, but on any content, i.e. 'foo/bar/++control++/'
- Allow nested (recursive) namespaces, i.e. '++control++/++control++/' and etc.
- Auto scrolling in REPL.
- Used accurate permissions in all views.
- DEfine explicit layer in skin's views.
- Added ZODB Pack control.
- Added Ctrl+E keybinding in REPL ("go to line end")
- Front page for any context now (skin).
- More convenient authentication.
Two special permissions in the package:
- ice.control.View (display Tree)
- ice.control.REPL (use REPL)
In summary, it can now be used as pluggable CMS UI for users with different permissions and roles, not only zope.Manager, from any nested content object, not only root folder, and UI should correctly display menu items and views accordingly to context and permissions.
- Added details views for IErrorReportingUtility, display error logs and edit settings.
- Fixed XML TreeView for ISite.
- Fixed a bug that appeared in 0.1.2: details view not send ajax form data.
- 100% tests or something like.
- Added zcml condition for details: metadata.
- Apidoc window features: fixed.
- Fixed bug: anchor's behavior in introspector.
- Increased supported version of bluebream: 1.0a5
Fixed MANIFEST.in to include docs into distribution.
First release tag.