How to install hyde
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install hyde
A brand new hyde
You can also take a look at Hyde Powered Websites for inspiration and reference.
To get the latest released version:
pip install hyde
For the current trunk:
pip install -e git://github.com/hyde/hyde.git#egg=hyde
Creating a new hyde site
The following command:
hyde -s ~/test_site create
will create a new hyde site using the test layout.
Generating the hyde site
cd ~/test_site hyde gen
Serving the website
cd ~/test_site hyde serve open http://localhost:8080
Publishing the website
cd ~/test_site hyde publish -p github
Hyde supports extensible publishers.
The hyde documentation is published to github pages using this command with the following configuration:
publisher: github: type: hyde.ext.publishers.dvcs.Git path: ../hyde.github.com url: firstname.lastname@example.org:hyde/hyde.github.com.git
Currently, the initial path must have clone of the repository already in place for this command to work.
publisher: zip: type: hyde.ext.publishers.pyfs.PyFS url: zip://~/deploy/hyde/docs.zip s3: type: hyde.ext.publishers.pyfs.PyFS url: s3://hyde/docs sftp: type: hyde.ext.publishers.pyfs.PyFS url: sftp:hydeuser:email@example.com
PyFS is not installed with hyde. In order to use the PyFS publisher, you need to install pyfs separately.
Any PyFS dependencies (Example: boto for S3 publishing) need to be installed separately as well.
pip install fs pip install boto
To get additional help on PyFS backends, you can run the following command once PyFS is installed:
A brief list of features
- Evented Plugins: The Plugin hooks allow plugins to listen to events that occur during different times in the lifecycle and respond accordingly.
- Metadata: Hyde now supports hierarchical metadata. You can specify and override variables at the site, node or the page level and access them in the templates.
- Organization: The sorter, grouper and tagger plugins provide rich meta-data driven organizational capabilities to hyde sites.
- Publishing: Hyde sites can be published to variety of targets including github pages, Amazon S3 & SFTP.