How to install grokcore.site
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install grokcore.site
This package provides support to write local site and utilities for Zope directly in Python (without ZCML).
This package is essentially set up like the grokcore.component package, please refer to its documentation for details. The only additional ZCML line you will need is:
<include package="grokcore.site" />
Put this somewhere near the top of your root ZCML file but below the line where you include grokcore.component's configuration.
Global utilities are already managed by grokcore.component.
Here a simple example of a local utility:
from zope.interface import implements, Interface import grokcore.site class IKangaroo(Interface): def jump(): """Make all kangaroos jump somewhere. """ class KangarooUtility(grokcore.site.LocalUtility): implements(IKangaroo) def jump(self): pass
Now, we can register our utility to a local site. That will create automatically, and register that utility when we create that site:
class Jungle(grokcore.site.Site): grokcore.site.local_utility(KangarooUtility, IKangaroo)
If you don't add the last line, you will still have your site, but nothing to make jump your kangaroo. Then, you will be able to add manually by hand after (if you want).
- Base class for your site.
- Base class for a ZODB-persitent local utility.
- local_utility(factory, provides=None, name=u'', setup=None, public=False, name_in_container=None)
Directive used on a site to register a local utility at the creation time:
- Would be the component to register (required parameter),
- Would be the interface used to query the local utility (required parameter),
- Would be the name used to query the local utility,
- Would be a function taking parameter. If defined it will be called after the utility is created with it as first and unique parameter.
- If true, the utility will be created in the site container itself, not in the site manager, and public will be able to access it directly.
- Would be used as id for the utility in container itwill be created. If not defined it will ask NameChooser to pick a name for it.
In addition, the grokcore.site package exposes the grokcore.component API.
- Exposed ApplicationInitializedEvent and IApplicationInitializedEvent.
- Added the missing import for the exposed IApplication interface.
- Moved the directive site from Grok to this package.
- Moved the component Application and all the related utilities from Grok to this package.
- Moved IApplication and getApplication from the Grok package into this one.
- Upped versions requirements for martian and grokcore.component.
- Made package comply to repository policy.
- Update functional tests to only use zope.app.appsetup instead of zope.app.testing.
- Update functional tests not to require zope.app.zcmlfiles anymore.
- Migrated imports from zope.app.component to zope.site.
- Updated dependencies (added missing ones and added separate test dependencies).
- A local utility now implements IAttributeAnnotatable.
- Update code documentation from Grok itself.
- Use 1.0b2 versions.cfg in Grok's release info instead of a local copy; a local copy for all grokcore packages is just too hard to maintain.
- Reupload to pypi with a correct version of Python which doesn't have a distutils bug.
- Created grokcore.site by factoring local site based components, grokkers and directives out of Grok.