How to install facio
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install facio
Facio: /ˈfa.ki.oː/ - Latin, meaning to make, do, act, perform, cause, bring about.
What is it?
Are you forever creating new projects, re creating the same standard cruft over and over? Then Facio maybe for you, it allows you to create your standard project skeleton once and create new projects from that standard skeleton over and over, easily.
It can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be. You can write logic into your skeleton, store it in a git or mercurial repository, you can even write hooks to be run before or after your skeletons been built. Did I mention you can have as many templates as you like and quickly reference them by name or pick from a list.
Facio aims to hopefully fix your standard project skeleton woes.
- Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3
- Support for multiple templates
- Store templates in git or mercurial repositories
- Add template logic using Jinja2
- Add extra context-variables to your templates
- Ability to add before and after hooks that are called before or after the project is created.
- Bundled hooks include:
- Create python virtual environments
- Run python setup.py install | develop
- Generate Django Secret key for usage in Django settings modules
Documentation for Facio can be found on here on Read the Docs.