How to install dyndnsc
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install dyndnsc
dyndnsc is both a script to be used directly as well as a re-usable and hopefully extensible collection of classes for doing updates to dynamic dns services.
- updating a dyndns entry is done by a "DynDNS Update Protocol handler"
- detecting IPs, both in DNS or elsewhere is done using IPDetector's which all have a detect() method and bookkeeping about changes
- the DynDnsClient uses the Protocol Handler to do the updates and the IPDetectors to decide when an update needs to occur
- a dummy endless loop ( used for time.sleep() ) repeatedly asks the DynDnsClient to make sure everything is fine
- relatively easy to embed in your own application (see main() for an example)
- Growl desktop notification support (optional)
python dyndnsc.py --hostname test.dyndns.com --userid bob --method=Iface,netmask:2001:0000::/32,iface:tun0,family:INET6
probably works with python 2.3, 2.4 tested with python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7