How to install drink
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install drink
Alpha Web framework & sample mini CMS.
Aims to be quite generic all-in-one-but-minimalistic web+database high-level framework.
Take a look at the (WIP) documentation at drink.rtfd.org.
Use "easy_install" or "pip" to get 'jinja2', 'markdown', 'ZODB3' and 'whoosh' installed on your system. Additionally you can install paste or gevent for better performances.
Example (at the DOS/Console/Shell prompt):
easy_install -U markdown
pip install -U markdown
Just fetch the source archive and unpack it:
wget http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/d/drink/drink-0.0.10.tar.bz2 tar jxvf drink-0.0.10.tar.bz2
Just go into the unpacked drink directory and execute the "manage" script:
cd drink-0.0.10 ./manage
If you run into troubles, try:
See GitHub page.
The main ideas behind
Then you'r free to put your hands into html/css/js and customize to your precise requirements.
Some debugging middleware are supported, edit drink/settings.ini for details.
- Add features at ONE place in ONE language (html/css/js may be required for some advanced/custom usages)
- Be fast, with built-in search engine
- Ajax (ajaj in fact) - with nice fallbacks for old browsers
- No SQL
- Website: as simple as a nested dict-like objects tree, endpoints (last element of URL) are object's properties & methods
- Make it as productive as possible for most generic tasks
Out of the box, it is something between a wiki and a cms, probably a good base for a lightweight web CMS / Intranet / Forum / etc!
Built-in search engine
Multi-user with access control (group based) at each level
Automatic object edition's form generation
Webpage edition live preview, client-side form validation
Comes with some pre-developped objects:
- folder index (sortable with D&D)
- file (upload your own file, also allows D&D)
- Web page ( markdown only )
- Simple TODO list/TODOs (WIP)
And of course special elements like Groups & Users !.
Very user friendly (once doc will be there!)
- no documentation yet (default manager account, login/password: admin/admin )
- no auto tests yet
- not very powerful yet
- Improved TODO Lists (fullcalendar included)
- Now any TextArea can submit the form with Ctrl+Enter
- Slightly better access/permissions redirects
- Filesystem mountpoint (alpha)
- Improved item addition a bit
- Markdown have an almost correctly styled preview
- Cleaner models
- Embryo of documentation
- As always: Fixes & Bugs
- add more types to default form edition
- object_path => integrate it to markdown editor
- buildbot & virtualenv
- change cookie on password change
- only accept object move if it succeded on server
- allow custom extensions
- Per-user group-list, showing in permissions panels
- allow rss via http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/RSS
- HomePage object: Login-splash+UserDashboard write user homepages (with login & passwd & name & surname change) / splash-like if not logged-in
- think about comments ( as property of some Model ?) - commentlist ?
- allow objects to add custom actions in admin bar
- edit form: only send "dirty" values when possible
- add some recursive permissions setter
- "background processes" for each user / sessions
- theme support (config entry + template & static path)
- ensure proper checks are correct at server side
- Form object?
- find the cleanest way to make all incoming URLs ends with /
- pack should call http://packages.python.org/Whoosh/api/index.html?highlight=optimize#whoosh.index.Index.optimize on whoosh
- add calltips everywhere
- default content for every user
- review 401 handling, ask for login/passwd in case of new session (to be finished)
- Think about opening WebFiles in mail client as attached file...
- add markdown support to tasks comment
- only returns requested range in TODO List
- Rename Tasks/TODO List to calendar
- remove Ctrl+Enter conflict on Markitup
- /users as user => 401 (should list instead)
- search => 401 by default (should be allowed)
- mask file upload widget if File not available here
- investigate fileupload D&D bugs
- files >4GB are making crazy js loops
- files ~>500MB may hang the request & cause timeout
- zip importer
- pdf with pypdf
- project support (using drink as a base)
- integrate imgviewer (image folder type)
- multi-object page
- spreadsheet ?
- integrate graph library (http://www.jqplot.com/)
- "real" sessions ?
- chat program (introduce webhooks ?)
- more tests
- gadgets (google search, rss reader, clock, xkcd, ?)
- permissions setting admin object
- user interface cleanup
- doc & fix but minor improvements
- stable release
- homepage /user pages focus