How to install django-tidings
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install django-tidings
django-tidings is a framework for sending email notifications to users who have registered interest in certain events, such as the modification of some model object. Used by support.mozilla.com, it is optimized for large-scale installations. Its features include...
- Asynchronous operation using the celery task queue
- De-duplication of notifications
- Association of subscriptions with either registered Django users or anonymous email addresses
- Optional confirmation of anonymous subscriptions
- Hook points for customizing any page drawn and any email sent
Please see the full documentation at http://packages.python.org/django-tidings/
- Support excluding multiple users when calling fire().
- API change: _mails() now receives, in each user/watch tuple, a list of Watch objects rather than just a single one. This enables you to list all relevant watches in your emails or to make decisions from an EventUnion's _mails() method based on what kind of events the user was subscribed to.
- Expose a few attribute docs to Sphinx.
- Initial release. In production on support.mozilla.com. API may change.