How to install django-player
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install django-player
django-player (Django Presentation Layer) is a presentation framework to develop websites, setting focus on UI layer. It's not a CMS, you only present data extracted from other CMS's, but controlling the layout and how present the information to the user.
Install package from pypi:
$ easy_install django-player
Create a new website project:
$ create-website mywebsite
This create a mywebsite directory in your working directory, which is a usual Django project.
You have to define the DATABASES settings in the project settings.py file.
Create data models:
$ python manage.py syncdb --migrate
Run development server:
$ python manage.py runserver
And finally, open the browser and go to http://localhost:8000/
(( to complete ))
- There are several demo sites availables running a django-player instance:
- devel1.demo.django-player.yaco.es: this is the first demo site.
- devel2.demo.django-player.yaco.es: this is a second demo site.
- pre.demo.django-player.yaco.es: this is the preproduction site.
- demo.django-player.yaco.es: this is the production site.
Some requirements fixes.