How to install collective.portlet.twitter
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install collective.portlet.twitter
Table of Contents
To read and understand more about such widgets, and to create your own, visit https://twitter.com/settings/widgets.
Create twitter widget:
Get widget id:
Add your widget ID into the Data Widget ID field as follows:
For more information on the variety of client-side options (such as theme, link color, width, height, and so forth) that can be configured within this portlet's settings, see Twitter's development documentation at https://dev.twitter.com/docs/embedded-timelines#customization.
Make any customisations you'd like and click Save.
To enable this package in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add add the following to it:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.portlet.twitter
After updating the configuration you need to run ''bin/buildout'', which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the 'Site Setup' page in a Plone site and click on the 'Add-ons' link.
Check the box next to collective.portlet.twitter and click the 'Activate' button.
Note: You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the package installation.
- Fix specifying the data-related attribute without a value. [davidjb]
- Add ability to customise portlet header text and ability to show just the Twitter widget (omit border). [davidjb]
- Link portlet title to the user's Twitter timeline. [davidjb]
- Update descriptions for Twitter client configuration to be end-user readable and add examples. [davidjb]
- Add tweet-limit client-side configuration option to control the number of tweets displayed. [davidjb]
- Add titles and descriptions to the portlet add and edit pages. [davidjb]
- Remove tal:attributes specification from Twitter link in portlet page template. This is already handled by the HTML tag creation code, and lead to rendering failure in some cases (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/1004588). [davidjb]
- Initial release.