How to install collective.portlet.actions
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install collective.portlet.actions
Show in a portlet of a Plone site the links and (maybe translated) titles of the actions of a selected category.
Compared with the static text portlet, action URLs are computed and links may be protected by a TALES condition and permissions, such the same portlet may provide different links to various users or in various contexts.
collective.portlet.actions requires Plone 3.x or greater. It has been tested with Plone 3.2 and Plone 4.2. It should work with all versions in between and may or may not work with future Plone versions.
collective.portlet.actions is a Python egg with a ZCML slug, such you just need to add these lines in your zc.buildout config file:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... eggs = ... collective.portlet.actions ... zcml = ... collective.portlet.actions
As of Plone 3.2, you don't need to add collective.portlet.actions to the zcml option.
Then re-run your buildout config.
See docs/INSTALL.txt for other installation methods.
Please read the comments on top of buildout.cfg that comes with the subversion checkout.
Add a portlet
Of course, if an existing actions category doesn't fit what you need, you may add your own actions category in the portal_actions tool and add actions in it. Action titles may be translated if you provide an i18n domain.
You may add an icon directly in the action definition, as a TAL expression that provides the icon object. e.g. portal/book_icon.gif.
You may associate an icon to each action using the portal_actionicons tool too if you prefer the old way.
When done, add an 'Actions portlet' anywhere you want. Give a title and select the appropriate actions category.
If you choose to show action icons, you may change the default icon for actions that have no icon from their own or through the portal_actionicons tool. The value for the default icon is evaluated from the context when publishing the portlet.
This component is protected by the terms of the GPL v2 license. Please read the docs/LICENSE.\* files.
Please read the docs directory, as well as other specific README.txt in other places of this component.
You may find further informations, a tracker and support resources from the home page at plone.org.
- Nothing changed yet.
- Fixed tales expression to work with Plone 4.2 https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.tales/+bug/1002242 [tom_gross]
- Updated buildout and added travis-CI testing [tom_gross]
- Fix link's background image when "Show icons" is not checked [sylvainb]
- For Plone 4.1 we need to import CMF core permissions in configure.zcml [sylvainb]
- Update i18n files and add missing french translations [sylvainb]
- Add possibility to hide portlet title [jriboux]
- Replace html table by portlet items and set action icons as backgrounds of each action link [jriboux]
- Plone 4 : Retreive actions list in a plone 4 compatible way and update tests to work on plone 4 [jriboux]
- Added new tests for object_buttons category [davidemoro]
- Fixed support for object_buttons category [davidemoro]
- Added italian translation [davidemoro]
- Added MANIFEST.in [tom_gross]
- Fixed compatibility Plone 3.2 - 4.2 [tom_gross]
- Fixing tests and adding new tests for portal_tabs [glenfant]
- Optims for portal_tabs rendering (same invariant stuffs were computed twice) [glenfant]
- Special case for "portal_tabs" actions category that may rely on items available in the Plone content root. [kroman0]
- 2009/05/20: fixed caching of actionLinks renderer's method, caching is still applied but this is possible now to have more than one actions portlet with a different settings on the same page, appropriate test added [piv]