How to install collective.monkeypatcherpanel
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install collective.monkeypatcherpanel
collective.monkeypatcherpanel is the Zope 2 companion of Martin Aspeli's collective.monkeypatcher component.
It just add a ZMI control panel that shows what monkey patches have been applied in case you cannot see the logs or grep through the ZCML of your Zope instance. Open the control panel of your Zope instance and then the "Monkey Patches" control panel.
collective.monkeypatcherpanel has been developed and tested with Zope 2.10, Zope 2.11 and Zope 2.12. It may run on Zope 2.9 but this is untested and not supported unless you provide a patch that keeps the tests smiling.
Of course, we require collective.monkeypatcher. If you installed collective.monkeypatcherpanel with easy_install or a zc.buildout, you're done.
In your buildout.cfg file, add this:
[instance] recipe = colective.recipe.zope2instance ... eggs = ... collective.monkeypatcherpanel ... zcml = ... collective.monkeypatcherpanel ...
Re-run your buildout then browse as Manager to http://<zope-root>/@@add-monkeypatcherpanel to add the control panel in your Zope 2 instance.
Browse as Manager to http://<zope-root>/@@remove-monkeypatcherpanel then remove collective.monkeypatcherpanel from your buildout configuration or file system. Otherwise you'll keep a broken object in your Zope 2 control panel.
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 - Gilles Lenfant
This software is subject to the provisions of the GNU General Public License, Version 2.0 (GPL). A copy of the GPL should accompany this distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
The full text of the GPL v2 license is here.
The icon has been stolen to the Tango Desktop Project.
- completed MANIFEST.in such it includes collective/monkeypatcherpanel/version.txt (breaked setup.py) [glenfant]
- added missing MANIFEST.in file [keul]
- added z3c.autoconfigure.plugin entry point [ajung]
- Unified and simplified the way to install our control panel since it seems very different fom a Zope version to another one. See README.txt. [glenfant]
- Registering the patch event handler as soon as possible in the Zope 2 start, otherwise we're missing some monkey patches. [glenfant]
- Test removed because the control panel is not added automatically.
- Really fixing for Zope 2.12 [glenfant]
- All (class init, icon, security, meta_type) done through ZCML [glenfant]
- Version 1.0.0-rc1 stable enough to make a final release
- Normalized indentation [glenfant]
- Fix import for Zope 2.12 [maikroeder]
- Initial release