How to install collective.folderishtraverse
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install collective.folderishtraverse
This package provides an view which traverses to the first item found in an ordered container. If the default view of the item, which the traverse view is traversing to is also a traverse view, the traversing happens again to the next sub-sub-item in the sub-folder, if possible.
The traversing/redirection is only done for anonymous users. For logged in users, the folder contents view is shown. This way, members can easily edit the folder without beeing redirected to another folder.
collective.folderishtraverse is an alternative to a default page in Plone. The difference is, that the target content is shown in the navigation tree and that traversing to any nested content in any level of the tree's hierarchy is possible.
- Add "en" and "de" translations. [thet]
- Do not try to translate object if no lang set. [rnix]
- Consider translation in traverse_view if LinguaPlone is installed. [rnix]
- Add z3c.autoinclude.plugin entry point. [thet]
- Use zExceptions.Redirect instead of request.response.redirect in traverse view. The Redirect exception redirects immediately instead of rendering the current page and submitting a transaction.commit() first. [rnix]
- Add NON_TRAVERSE_FALLBACK_VIEW. May be patched if fallback view for folder_contents should differ from folder_summary_view. [rnix]
- Check non-traversing fallback view against List folder contents permission instead of anonymous. [rnix]
- Show the "Display" content-menu also in the folder contents view on the Plone Site Root. The "Actions" menu is not displayed yet, since object_buttons are not registered for the Plone Site Root (copy, cut, rename and delete wouldn't make much sense on the portal object itself). [thet]
- Show the Actions and Display content-menus also in folder content views. Allows Action submenu items like from c.folderorder and setting the display to something else than traverse_view. [thet]
- Add statusmessage for when displaying the traverse_view for non-anonymous users. [thet]
- When no endpoint is found, redirect to folder_summary_view for anonymous users. folder_contents needs higher permissions. [thet]
- For non-anonymous users or if no endpoint was found, redirect to folder_contents. This view is generally nicer and more usable. [thet]
- Allow the traverse_view also on the Plone Site itself. [thet]
- Initial release