How to install collective.embedly
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install collective.embedly
- [tests] decorator
- [tests] plone.app.testing
- [tests] robotframework-selenium2library
- [tests] robotsuite
- [tests] selenium
This package provides TinyMCE visual editor support for embed.ly service: videos, images and other rich media can be inserted to Plone from different services through one API.
The approach here is to use the Transform machinery to replace the URL with embed code by calling the embed.ly API.
There are more than 200 services that support embed.ly service. These are such video sharing sites as Youtube, Blip.tv, Vimeo; such audio streaming services as Grooveshark, SoundCloud, last.fm; such image/photo stocks as Flickr, and many other: GoogleMaps, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
This product was developed by http://quintagroup.com for Plone collective, sponsored by Headnet ApS http://headnet.dk.
To embed media from the embedly-supported external resource to Plone:
- Go to the object's edit form, select some text and click 'Insert/Edit Embedly link' button.
- In the panel add link and configure extra parameters in 'Advanced' tab. Check http://embed.ly/docs/arguments for params description.
- The text should now look like linked. TinyMCE makes the whole passage linked, so keep in mind that the whole passage will later be substituted with embedded media.
- Save this page. Now when rendered, there will be "preview" from embed.ly service inserted instead of the linked text.
More about usage at http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/collective.embedly
collective.embedly does not fix errors in provided URLs
you can check if your URL will be transformed calling embed.ly manualy, for example:
o video URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk o you should call http://api.embed.ly/1/oembed setting 'url' parameter with your value o http://api.embed.ly/1/oembed?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk o http://api.embed.ly/1/oembed?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk&fromat=xml format result as xml
You can set the API key by going to Site Setup -> Configuration Registry and setting the api_key value. The default is to not pass along a key, your requests to embedly will be anonymous and based solely on IP address.
Supported Plone Version
- Plone 4.x
- Volodymyr Cherepanyak
- Roman Kozlovskyi
- Serhiy Valchuk
- Clayton Parker
2.1 - May 13, 2013
- Updated embed.ly api url [kroman0]
- support urls containing non-asci characters such as http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%C3%96sterreich (fixes #5) [fRiSi]
- added 'Use services regexp' bool field to registry. (fixes #4) [kroman0]
2.0 - Feb 25, 2013
- change tests structure [kroman0]
- added acceptance tests [kroman0]
- added TinyMCE plugin [kroman0]
- cleanup genericsetup profiles [kroman0]
1.7 - Nov 23, 2011
- added view for updating embedly services manually
- handling of empty api_key added
- local cache of available services updated
1.6 - Sep 14, 2011
- Only run the uninstall profile when the product is being uninstalled. This allows for the api key to survive through a reinstall. [claytron]
- Add support for passing the embedly API key [claytron]
1.5 - Sep 2, 2011
- href distinguishing regular expression improved
- logging added
1.4.1 - Aug 8, 2011
- typpos in CSS fixed
1.4 - Apr 26, 2011
- URL parameters parsing algorithm updated
1.3 - Apr 05, 2011
- maxwidth, maxheight, callback, wmode params support added
- updated list of embedly services
1.2 - Mar 29, 2011
- the embedly link now marked with icon and background in TinyMCE
1.1 - Mar 4, 2011
- proper registration of embedly transformation done; does not clash with safe HTML transform from now on
1.0 - Mar 3, 2011
- Initial release