How to install cmd2
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install cmd2
Enhancements for standard library's cmd module.
Drop-in replacement adds several features for command-prompt tools:
- Searchable command history (commands: "hi", "li", "run")
- Load commands from file, save to file, edit commands in file
- Multi-line commands
- Case-insensitive commands
- Special-character shortcut commands (beyond cmd's "@" and "!")
- Settable environment parameters
- Parsing commands with flags
- > (filename), >> (filename) redirect output to file
- < (filename) gets input from file
- bare >, >>, < redirect to/from paste buffer
- accepts abbreviated commands when unambiguous
- py enters interactive Python console
- test apps against sample session transcript (see example/example.py)
Useable without modification anywhere cmd is used; simply import cmd2.Cmd in place of cmd.Cmd.
Running 2to3 <http://docs.python.org/library/2to3.html> against cmd2.py generates working, Python3-based code.
See docs at http://packages.python.org/cmd2/