How to install baked
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install baked
A script to detect that the import order matches Mozilla WebDev Python guidelines. Usage:
baked.py [filename] [filename..]
Filename can be a glob. Or multiple filenames. For example:
baked.py apps/*.py mkt/*.py
Baked will also accept files being piped to it, for example:
git diff-index HEAD^ --name-only | baked
Baked loads a confg file as JSON. It will look in the following places for the file:
- the current directory for .baked
- the users profile directory for .baked
For an example see:
The config file contains:
- order: the list of orders of import blocks. This allows you to group your imports into categories.
- fallback: if a category is not found for lib, what should it fall back to, for most this will be local.
- from_order: a dictionary of sections with a boolean value for each section. If the value is false, then baked will not care that an import came before from. Default is true for each category.
- modules: a dictionary of categories and a list of modules. This allows baked to put each module in the category.
If you'd like to exclude an import from baked add the comment #NOQA.
With one exception, we ignore that imports should be ordered CONSTANT, Class, var. Just sort by alpha, case insensitive. That's easier for everyone to parse.