How to install aws.zope2zcmldoc
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install aws.zope2zcmldoc
An additional Zope 2 control panel that renders the live ZCML documentation, this means the ZCML that is installed in your Zope instance, including the ZCML vocabulary provided by the third party components. Read more details and have a look at some screenshots in this blog post.
This component is clearly dedicated to Zope developers and integrators. This component does not provide features for the end user.
aws.zope2zcmldoc has been tested with Zope 2.10 to Zope 2.13. It may or may not work with earlier or later versions of Zope.
Tests reports with other Zope versions, and related contributions are welcome (note that supporting Zope 2.8 and earlier versions is not considered).
With zc.buildout and plone.recipe.zope2instance, you just need to add this in your buildout.cfg file
... [instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... eggs = ... aws.zope2zcmldoc ... # You don't need this if you have Plone 3.3 or later in the eggs list zcml = ... aws.zope2zcmldoc ...
Control panel creation
Sorry for the impatients but I did not find the way to automate the creation of a new Zope 2 control panel at Zope startup. In order to complete the installation, and install the control panel entry, open a browser in your Zope root as Manager and type in your address bar:
Now go to the Zope Control Panel and learn the various ZCML namespaces, elements and attributes.
Before removing the aws.zope2zcmldoc from your buildout.cfg and rebuilding your instance, you may want to remove the control panel entry.
Removing the Control Panel entry is not essential, but if you don't do this, a slate entry will be left in the Zope Control Panel of your Zope instance.
Start your Zope instance, open a browser in your Zope root as Manager and type in your address bar:
This software is licensed under GNU GPL available here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
- On Pypi:
- Subversion repository:
Sponsored by Alter Way
- Missing spanish translations added [macagua]
- Code cleanup with pyflakes and pep8 [glenfant]
- Removed useless <tal:comment ... stuff in templates: more compact, easear to read and maintain, less ZPT processing. [glenfant]
- Added French translation [glenfant]
- Added locales update utility in pure Python such developers with a Windows box can contribute. [glenfant]
- The UI can be forced to English, translations of ZCML docs might be inconsistent. [glenfant]
- Added support Spanish translation. [macagua]
- Added support for i18n. [macagua]
- Added a minimal set of unit tests. [glenfant]
- Tested with Zope 2.13 (thanks to Mautits van Rees). [glenfant]
- Added z3c.autoinclude awareness with Plone (3.3 +). [glenfant]
- Some explanations about missing "zcml" namespace on Zope 2.12 and earlier versions. [glenfant]
- Some rationale refactorings in view and templates [glenfant]
- A sexy layout (as possible in a ZMI context) [glenfant]
- Initial release [glenfant]