How to install acrylamid
- Download and install ActivePython
- Open Command Prompt
pypm install acrylamid
- it is really fast due incremental builds
- support for Jinja2 and Mako templates
- many Markdown extensions and custom reStructuredText directives
- MathML, enhanced typography and hyphenation using soft-hyphens
Oh, and it can also generate a static blog with articles, static pages, tags, RSS/Atom feeds (also per tag), article listing and a sitemap.
Why the name “Acrylamid”?
I'm studying bioinformatics and I was experimenting with Acrylamide at this time. I'm really bad at naming. If you have a better name, please tell me! Two requirements: reasonably speakable and tab-completion after 3 characters.
With Acrylamid you can write your weblog entries with your editor of choice in Markdown, reStructuredText or textile. With several content filters you can pimp your HTML (typography, math, hyphenation). Acrylamid provides a very sophisticated CLI and integrates perfectly with any DVCes. It generates completely static HTML you can host everywhere.
supported markup languages
- Markdown and additional extensions (support for MathML, deletion/insertion, sub- and supscript, syntax highlighting …)
- reStructuredText with directives for syntax highlighting and youtube video embedding
- textile, discount, all dialects supported by pandoc and plain HTML
You miss one? Extend Acrylamid in less than 30 LoC!
- you like the YAML front matter from Jekyll or nanoc? First choice in Acrylamid!
- coming from Pelican? Acrylamid has also support for metadata in the native format of Markdown, reStructuredText and even Pandoc.
- support for translations (oh, and did I mention the language dependend hyphenation feature?).
- a few HTML5 themes, see Theming.
- internal webserver with automatic compiling when something has changed.
- assets management, including LESS and SASS conversion.
- uni-directional PingBack support.
- static site search.
easy_install -U acrylamid
This installs Acrylamid with Jinja2 as templating engine. For Mako use easy_install -U acrylamid[mako]. This installs two additional but not required dependencies: Markdown and translitcodec. To get a list of all supported modules, head over to additional supported modules.
If you rather use non-ascii characters, you're better off with:
easy_install -U acrylamid python-magic unidecode
Initialize the base structure, edit conf.py and layouts/ and compile with:
$ acrylamid init myblog # --mako, defaults to --jinja2 create myblog/conf.py ... $ cd myblog/ $ acrylamid compile && acrylamid view create [0.05s] output/articles/index.html create [0.37s] output/2012/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/franz-kafka/index.html create [0.03s] output/atom/index.html create [0.04s] output/rss/index.html create [0.00s] output/sitemap.xml create output/style.css 9 new, 0 updated, 0 skipped [0.72s] * Running on http://127.0.0.1:8000/
See commands for a detailed overview.
$ acrylamid --help usage: acrylamid [-h] [-v] [-q] [-C] [--version] ... positional arguments: init initializes base structure in DIR compile compile blog view fire up built-in webserver autocompile automatic compilation and serving new create a new entry check run W3C or validate links deploy run task import import content from URL or FILE info short summary ping notify ressources optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -v, --verbose more verbose -q, --quiet less verbose -C, --no-color disable color --version show program's version number and exit