| Store | Cart

COCOMO - appropriate for languages like Python? (fwd)

From: Chris Gonnerman <chri...@newcenturycomputers.net>
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:28:25 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Brenner" <mikeb at mitre.org>
To: "aahzpy at panix.com" <python-list at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 7:18 AM
Subject: Re: COCOMO - appropriate for languages like Python? (fwd)

> Hi aahzpy!>> I am very interested in this problem, and would like to help, but I don't
know what you mean.
>> I viewed this message in textpad, microsoft word, wordpad, and netscape
4.79, and the two paragraphs below look the same.

All four of those programs (well, I'm not sure about textpad) auto-wordwrap.
So does Outlook Express, for that matter, and newer Mozilla and Netscape 6
releases.  'aahzpy' is using a mailreader which does not, probably a console
or terminal-mode program.

Here's a ruler for you.  You need to be using a monospace font for this to
be
useful; I generally use Lucida Console.

0123456789          0123456789          0123456789          0123456789
          0123456789          0123456789          0123456789
0123456789

I use Outlook Express, but I've learned to cut my lines off short by
pressing
enter (end-of-paragraph to the MS software listed) so that I don't get this
kind of complaint often.

I do run over 80 columns sometimes by accident...

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net

Recent Messages in this Thread
Mike Brenner Jul 11, 2002 12:18 pm