| Store | Cart

Q: What does "Sparse is better than dense" mean? (Python Zen)

From: Andrae Muys <amu...@shortech.com.au>
11 Jul 2002 16:30:59 -0700
aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote in message news:<agkj5s$gka$1 at panix1.panix.com>...
> In article <33803989.0207110328.5ef01f1e at posting.google.com>,> Miki Tebeka <tebeka at cs.bgu.ac.il> wrote:> >> >Although it's in the Humor section I take the Python Zen> >(http://www.python.org/doc/Humor.html#zen) quite seriously.> >However I can understand what does “Sparse is better than> >dense” means.> > To rephrase the dictum another way, "Don't try to stick too much code on> one line."

Well seeing as we are discussing Python Zen, the one I don't currently
understand is "Flat is better than Nested".  I had always thought the
opposite was the case, hence "Namespaces are one honking great idea --
let's do more of those! ".  Can anyone explain the distinction?

Andrae

Recent Messages in this Thread
Miki Tebeka Jul 11, 2002 11:28 am
Peter Hansen Jul 11, 2002 12:24 pm