| Store | Cart

Re: [TCLCORE] Customers with "Bengali" as keyboard input language

From: Robert Neumann <RNeu...@vizrt.com>
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:14:17 +0000
Hi Jan,

I looked into the latest trunk and it seems it already contains handling for WM_UNICHAR and introduces a new "send_event" value of "-3" in the "XKeyEvent" structure to signal this case. I see no reason why this should not work for Bengali.

In 8.4 there is only the code path for Windows 2000 multi-lingal IME input, where xkey.trans_chars[] already contains a UNICODE char. This is signaled by "send_event" value "-2".

8.4 vs. 8.6:
We can't migrate to 8.6 easily, so I patched the 8.4 to use wide character function for message retrieval and then used the Windows 2000 codepath to deliver the received unicode characters through the " XKeyEvent" structure with "send_event" set to "-2".

It works! I am afraid of side-effects though, due to using GetMessageW() and DispatchMessageW() which may affect other messages as well.

For the moment our UI seems to work normally, which is a good for a first shot.

Robert.