| Store | Cart
Lists » ppm

RE: How do you set-up a PPM repository?

From: Churchill, Richard <m...@richardchurchill.co.uk>
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:20:49 +0200
Thanks, I'll give that a go.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Kobes [mailto:ran...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca]
Sent: 09 October 2005 23:11
To: Churchill, Richard
Cc: p...@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Re: How do you set-up a PPM repository?

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Churchill, Richard wrote:

> Hi,>> Does anyone know how to go about setting up a PPM repository?  I'd
like
> to add a repository to our company's internal network, so my
programming
> team can easily share Perl modules we're developing.

The easiest thing is just to make the .ppd and .tar.gz files
available in some location of your system, and ensure the
HREF attribute of the CODEBASE tag in the .ppd file points
to the proper location where the .tar.gz file is.
People can then just add
     /path/to/your/repository
to the ppm shell. If you want it available over a
network, place the files in some area that is served
by a web server, and then have users add
    http://your.server/path/to/ppds/
to the ppm shell.

There's an article on perlmonks:
   http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=434813#creating
that describes this in more detail.

> I've done some searching for documentation but come up with nothing so> far.  Is there a package from Active state which can just be
installed?

The above should get you going. If you have many packages,
and find searching is slow, take a look at
   http://search.cpan.org/src/MURRAY/PPM-2.1.7/server/
These can be used to set up a ppm server working from
a cgi-bin script (ppmserver.pl).

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Recent Messages in this Thread
Churchill, Richard Oct 10, 2005 12:20 am
Philippe M. Chiasson Oct 10, 2005 06:45 pm
Randy Kobes Oct 10, 2005 09:16 pm
Randy Kobes Oct 18, 2005 04:59 am
Philippe M. Chiasson Oct 19, 2005 01:59 am
Messages in this thread