| Store | Cart

SSH::W32Perl - Found the solution!!!

From: <Dupu...@hydro.qc.ca>
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:03:50 -0500
Bonjour,

	I was able to use SSH:W32Perl on Windows!  You can go to this web site to get the details about how to do it: http://qs321.pair.com/~monkads/index.pl?node_id=312916

	To save time, here's a copy of the email that explain what to do:

---
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SFTP hangs (winxp)
by shenme on Dec 10, 2003 at 05:55 UTC

      Hoorah!   Hoorah!

      TLSXPA: Entering interactive session.
      TLSXPA: Sending command: date
      TLSXPA: Requesting service exec on channel 1.
      TLSXPA: channel 1: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768
      TLSXPA: input_channel_request: rtype exit-status reply 0
      TLSXPA: channel 1: rcvd eof
      TLSXPA: channel 1: output open -> drain
      TLSXPA: channel 1: rcvd close
      TLSXPA: channel 1: input open -> closed
      TLSXPA: channel 1: close_read
      TLSXPA: channel 1: obuf empty
      TLSXPA: channel 1: output drain -> closed
      TLSXPA: channel 1: close_write
      TLSXPA: channel 1: send close
      TLSXPA: channel 1: full closed
       exit   '0'
       stdout 'Tue Dec  9 23:28:44 CST 2003'

      I added Scott Scecina's repository as advised

        rep add soulcage http://www.soulcage.net/ppds.58/

      then moved the repository higher in the list that PPM3 was looking at, then uninstalled both Net-SSH-W32Perl and Net-SSH-Perl, then re-installed Net-SSH-W32Perl from his repository, and huzzah!

      And after reading his ERRATA.txt comments, where he said he'd modified Net::SFTP to understand to use Net::SSH::W32Perl, I uninstalled Net-SFTP and re-installed it.   I retried the Net::SFTP test program.   After figuring out that I needed to change the ls() call to   my @files = $sftp->ls('.');   I was able to get it working too!

---
	I'm now able to do remote cmd on my Unix host with this code example:

		    use Net::SSH::W32Perl;

		    my $host = 'myhost';
		    my $ssh = new Net::SSH::W32Perl($host);
		    $ssh->login('$user', '$pwd');  # 30 seconds to login...why?!?!

		    my ($out, $err, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("ls");

		    print $out;

	Now, the only problem is the time it take to login...if you have any idea why it take 30 seconds to login, let me known!

	Have fun!!!  :o)

----
Dominic Dupuis