| Store | Cart

Re: win32API comm port bug?

From: Sisyphus <sisy...@optusnet.com.au>
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:52:23 +1000
----- Original Message -----
From: "robert johnson" <r_wr...@yahoo.com>
To: <perl...@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:54 AM
Subject: win32API comm port bug?

> this problem only appears on Windows98:>> when i try to change the baudrate on Win32::SerialPort to 115200 baud, it
says
> "cannot set baudrate" to this value, or if I set the initial baudrate to
115200
> (via open), it claims the value 115200 is invalid.> i suspect this problem relates to the Win32API Comm Port module.  perhaps
it's
> in the wordlength of the COMMPROP structure?  heck, i don't know.  i'm
just
> guessing.   maybe it's just a problem in my Windows98 environment?>

Can't really help - but the Windows98 environment is my first suspicion.
Other candidates that you could maybe check up on:
1) Are you using the same version of Win32::SerialPort on both 98 and 2000 ?
2) Are you using the same version of perl on both 98 and 2000 ?
3) Are you using the same version of Win32::API on both 98 and 2000 ?

I couldn't see any code in Win32::SerialPort that should behave differently
from one flavour of Windows to the next. My feeling is that if you can
answer "yes" to the above 3 questions, and the discrepant behaviour
persists, then it *must* be something in the Windows98 environment that's
causing the problem. And if the answer is "no" to any of those questions,
then change things so that the answer is "yes" and see if that makes any
difference :-)

Cheers,
Rob

Recent Messages in this Thread