| Store | Cart

RE: Perl With Sharepoint Portal 2003

From: Shaun Wallace <shau...@mvalaw.com>
Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:32:38 +0000
I have not coded to SharePoint specifically, but I use Perl to manage a variety of Microsoft products and systems.  My two cents would be to use the Perl Win32::OLE module and access SharePoint via it’s COM object interface if possible rather than having Perl talk directly to the backend database.   This way you are automating SharePoint via SharePoint’s own objects/methods and inherent “Microsoftness” which should help keep you out of trouble.  Of course you will need to have SharePoint’s object documentation.

Hope this helps.